Würger family 1/48

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hello again my fellow modelers:

Well, work continues to be applied on the A-4 basically with the weathering works and with details all around the kite.

After applying the basic fuselage colours, it was noted that the complete balkenkreuz on the wings would look better that the white outline, and it was changed accordingly after checking what was the common practice to be applied with the black background. Real images of this kite does does not tell the story. Besides, the contrast will serve on these wing surfaces (hope so).

As can be appreciated in the following image, several tones were applied in order to tone down the sand gelb original colour, and more decals were applied also all over the kite.

1.jpeg

Under the premise that the Luftwaffe kites in North Africa were quite weathered due to the combat conditions, then it was time to begin with these works:
3.jpeg

Also the ETC-501 rack was emulated based on images from the web. The center image is the basic plastic form from the box and the images in he corners belong to the as-built unit. Do you think if it's worthy to display the kite with an attached bomb on this rack, I mean for display purposes?
4a.jpeg

Then more decals and color was applied on the surfaces in order to emulate
5.jpeg

This image was captured after applying the matt varnish on the complete surface of the kite:
6.jpeg

And finally the clear parts were cleaned after several months, and surprisingly the liquid putty behaved quite well after this time:
7.jpeg

And finally in order to emulate the spinning internal blades for the cooling fan were also emultated as can be appreciated in the following image:
8.jpeg

Now it's time to detail the aerials, wing cannons and MG´s, and also begin with printing the propellers in motion for the 3 kites.

Another theme that I have not figured out yet, is the composition of the acrylic display where the 3 kites will be located. Any ideas my friends?

Hope you have a great week. Stay safe.

Gerry :pilotsalute:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back