WW2 Aircraft Manufacturing Manuals (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

superkeith1872

Airman 1st Class
Sep 9, 2009
One cool book on lofting, which is how they would make full size templates for the aircraft parts. A large book on templates for aircraft manufacturing and one on the problems of ramping up aircraft production during the war but it was written at the end of the war. Enjoy, Keith

Attachments

• Airplane Lofting.pdf
    15.6 MB · Views: 448
  • Problems Accelerating Aircraft Production WW2.pdf
    15.5 MB · Views: 430
  • Aircraft Template Development Pages Part 1.pdf
    21.2 MB · Views: 508
  • Aircraft Template Development Pages Part 2.pdf
    18.7 MB · Views: 379
  • Aircraft Template Development Pages Part 3.pdf
    24.7 MB · Views: 421
  • Aircraft Template Development Pages Part 4.pdf
    862.9 KB · Views: 446
Thank you for posting these books. I am always interested in sheet metal and manufacturing books. They have great information on building aircraft. I use the information to help me in fabrication new parts for aircraft I am helping restore. Keep up the good work.

Randy

Very cool! The only problem I will have during the rest of this summer is that I cannot have spare time for aircraft modeling while I am reading them but I have just started doing that.

I posted several other technical aircraft building manuals from ww2 about 3 weeks ago, so make sure you find that post as well because there are several more in that post.

I downloaded this manual and several others I posted, from Hathi. Most everything I downloaded was at 300dpi, you can go higher but the file sizes become too large for the site. It's also the biggest pain in the ass to download manuals from there without a password to the site because you have to download them as picture images, 1 page at a time and then make a pdf of the images, very time consuming. Wish I had a password because there are still many manuals I would like to download as a pdf instead of 1 page at a time. If you search for my posts, you will find several more aircraft manufacturing books. Keith

Thanks for all that, I knew an A&P in the States who used to show me some of the things he was able to do. I got myself into the Wood Fabric and Dope section of A&P school, information only, not signed off or qualified. I've misplaced the manuals. Is there one on the web anywhere I can copy??? Even the Stits manual?

Bill

Bill-
The FAA website has the A&P "Airframe" manual in 2 vols., also AC 43-13, "Acceptable Methods Techniques".
Regards,
Bob

Ooo, I'll look.
Thanks.

***You are da man! I have gone there and am downloading now. Exactly what I am looking for. The HARS Museum has a replica of the Southern Cross some pilot landed in a severe crosswind and took off a wing tip. They want someone to help repair the spar and ribbing, and I loved that work when I went thru the WF&D section of the A&P school.

Can't thank you enough for the heads-up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back