WWII French Pilot Flight Uniform

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ronlawrence

Recruit
Oct 28, 2008
Dallas
Does anyone have an idea on the colors to paint a French WWII pilot figure. I am having trouble identifying what color his actual flight suit would be. I can find no references on the internet as far as color pictures. I pretty much have decided on Tamiya Kakhi as the reference is Revell's Olive Brown. My local hobby store does not carry Revell paint, and ordering from the internet is not cost effective with shipping charges. The Revell cross reference calls for Tamiya light gray but that makes NO sense - olive brown/light gray. I don't think so!

Hello sir, I guess it would depend on the "flight suit" The overall zip up suits used by French crews, say during the Phoney war were mostly a light tan (and very baggy on the wearer). The dress uniforms are a very dark blue/black. This did change from the Battle of Britain and forward form there since the pilots were using British or Russian equipment depending on the front. I hope this helps, a bit late I'm afraid.

copiedespit0225.jpg

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back