WWII Museum New Orleans

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

javlin

2nd Lieutenant
Nov 20, 2007
MS
My Son is in town from Japan for a few weeks and we like to visit the the place from time to time they are constantly expanding the place.So we you first go in you board a mock train with a kiosk card of somebody talked about within the Museum who served during WWII.I got John C Morgan 92BG today really kinda weird for my father was John P Morgan 92BG and then to boot I got a picture of a B-17 signed by John C Morgan in my shop I bought at auction from the ole Nieuport 17 restaurant Behind the Scenes - Chef's Insight to Nieuport 17's Good-Bye After 45 Years | Much Ado About Fooding which did not advertise the signature during the auction.:dontknow: It was all good day though,Bill looking at a B-17 from above is one helluva sight and she is a big beast.

IMG_0127.JPG
IMG_0122.JPG
IMG_0125.JPG
IMG_0128.JPG

You are living in the boot Chris Grand Isle area? Yeah they are adding another section now Chris and the ETO was totally different than it was in the beginning.Garrett thinks the next front is going to be Russia by itself I'm thinking that is possible.To be honest to the Museum and all what it projects you could spend 7-10hrs in there now.

You are living in the boot Chris Grand Isle area? Yeah they are adding another section now Chris and the ETO was totally different than it was in the beginning.Garrett thinks the next front is going to be Russia by itself I'm thinking that is possible.To be honest to the Museum and all what it projects you could spend 7-10hrs in there now.

Just north of Grand Isle actually, up in the Thibodaux area.

I'm down in the Grand Isle area quite a bit though, as we have a base down in that area.

I'll hit up the Museum again when my dad visits later this year. I am thinking of going to the Air, Land, Sea Fest this year, but it all depends how close it is to my wife's due date.

After being spoiled by the great number of aircraft in the Air Force Museum in Dayton (Nat Mus USAF) and the Smithsonian, I found the WWII Museum in New Orleans slightly disappointing. What is there is really good. I just wish there had been more to it. The theater was quite good. Am I alone in this perception?

After being spoiled by the great number of aircraft in the Air Force Museum in Dayton (Nat Mus USAF) and the Smithsonian, I found the WWII Museum in New Orleans slightly disappointing. What is there is really good. I just wish there had been more to it. The theater was quite good. Am I alone in this perception?
I never really ever thought of it as place for aircraft myself in fact in the beginning I believe it was called the D-Day Museum but since then has expanded quite abit.We are going to Pensacola this weekend to catch the Naval Air Station Museum Welcome - National Naval Aviation Museum then you have the AF Museum Air Force Armament Museum, Aviation Exhibits, Eglin AFB down the road a little further though not as big by any means.

Last edited:

Well you cannot really compare the two museums.

One is an Aircraft museum, the other tells the history of WW2.

I never really ever thought of it as place for aircraft myself in fact in the beginning I believe it was called the D-Day Museum but since then has expanded quite abit.We are going to Pensacola this weekend to catch the Naval Air Station Museum Welcome - National Naval Aviation Museum then you have the AF Museum Air Force Armament Museum, Aviation Exhibits, Eglin AFB down the road a little further though not as big by any means.

Exactly, and yes it was originally the D-Day museum. It was located there because the Higgins Boats were built in New Orleans.

The Naval Aviation Museum in Pensacola is great! Have you been? I went last Labor Day weekend with the Family. We will be in Pensacola again this Labor Day, and I plan on visiting the museum again.

You can't see everything in just one day in either naval or ww2 museum. If you stop to read everything, those with you will spoil the fun because they get bored. The amount of detail in the ww2 museum is fascinating.
You are right Ed it is I like reading about the individuals all along the way.The Wife for sure could care less about the WWII Museum just because of what you noted but the Naval Museum she is going with us and it's more visual so I hope it works out :dontknow:

A few years ago my wife and my last daughter (I say last because I have quit referring to the first as the oldest) treated me to a day at the naval museum. Since it was their idea and I had not been for a while, I decided to see all the things I had skipped before. I was still reading about the J-30 from the FH-1 when they called down from somewhere upstairs and said " come on let's not waste all day, we're hungry". I'll try to include a couple of shots from ww2 museum.

IMG_5816.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Because your pics are too large. Please make them of smaller size firstly. The data transferring of a such large shot can cause trubles and errors. I have edited your post with the Bf 109G. The pic was resized down to 1600 pixels in the width while the source shot was of more than 5000.. No problem with uploading.

That's great to know. In future, how do I tell it what size? These are in my pictures in the computer so when I "open" I don't know how to control size.

The picture browser should provide the info. Also that's the soft that can resize you shots with. What do you use there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back