WWII USAAF Aerial Kills List

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

DrumBob

Airman
Jan 15, 2019
A few weeks ago, someone posted a declassified list of USAAF aerial kills, which I downloaded, but now, cannot locate on my computer. Will that individual please post it again here? Thanks in advance.

I don't believe there is any classification of credits. The problem is finding the data. While not classified, they don't make it easy to find.

Attached is a list of WWII USAAF credits taken primarily from Jan Safarik files available on the web at the time I was doing this. I don't know if Mr. Safarik updates these or if it is complete, but I have parsed his text file into Excel and added a few other tabs.

I have a file for world aces, too, but it seems to be a bit incomplete at this time.

:)

Attachments

• USAAF Credits WWII.xlsx
    2.3 MB · Views: 78
USAF Study #85 is as complete and accurate save Dr. Frank Olynyk's list - but does not have USN or USMC data.

Hi Bill. I have never seen USAF Study #85 in any digital-readable from. The only way I have it is as a pdf that looks very much like a list printed on a dot matrix printer. Unless you enter it line by line, I cannot fathom how it can be entered as text anywhere in a useful format. My list above came from Jan Safarik's website. That would be: Jan J. Safarik: Air Aces

Have you seen Report # 85 in a digitally-readable form? If so, where! I'd LOVE to get a file.

Cheers!

Hi Bill. I have never seen USAF Study #85 in any digital-readable from. The only way I have it is as a pdf that looks very much like a list printed on a dot matrix printer. Unless you enter it line by line, I cannot fathom how it can be entered as text anywhere in a useful format. My list above came from Jan Safarik's website. That would be: Jan J. Safarik: Air Aces

Have you seen Report # 85 in a digitally-readable form? If so, where! I'd LOVE to get a file.

Cheers!
You have my ETO rendition in excel but no, 85 is not digitized

That's the same file, Fubar57. It looks like a dot matrix printer list that has been scanned.

Unfortunately, this type of print does not covert well using OCR software, and the number of errors when I tried it make the conversion pretty useless.

So, while we HAVE the file, the data are not really useful. I have concluded that the only real way to make it useful is to enter it line by line into Excel or other program that can be imported into Excel or a database. At least you can then make summaries and searches. I estimate that task as several months of part-time effort, and pretty boring work to boot. I have not wanted to do this, even for my own use. But, I may do it anyway at some point.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back