XP-39 II - The Groundhog Day Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been thinking about the front armor......
Did it look something like this?

python_lead.jpg

Well aren't newts amphibious? That means the navy could also consider the fighter to end all fighters...

Yup...I think I'm on to something here. A newt has smaller frontal area so less form drag, plus replacing all that draggy fur with a slippery skin will further improve performance. Granted, the newt's smaller overall size will limit load carrying capacity so we may need to remove the wing guns....but they aren't really needed anyway.

Yup...I think I'm on to something here. A newt has smaller frontal area so less form drag, plus replacing all that draggy fur with a slippery skin will further improve performance. Granted, the newt's smaller overall size will limit load carrying capacity so we may need to remove the wing guns....but they aren't really needed anyway.
Wait, if it floats isn't it a witch? What is the climb rate and ceiling of a witch?

Rabbits of the large variety would be far more worthy in armed confrontation than a ground hog.
One must always keep in mind that the rabbit is not to be taken lightly.
They have very sharp teeth, so we could probably remove the front armor and move the radio forward...

Rabbits of the large variety would be far more worthy in armed confrontation than a ground hog.
One must always keep in mind that the rabbit is not to be taken lightly.

a great idea, however there are some flaws. The production rate of the rabbits would be such that you could supply more rabbits to our lend lease partners to assist in fighting. However, when the rabbits were entering the 'field of battle' , if they saw any female rabbits, they would remember their favorite slogan of "make love, not war" and would desert the field of battle at a most inopportune time. It would not matter if you removed the armor, IFF, radios and wing guns, if they were 'attacking' in the other direction .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back