Xtradecal 100 Group decals 1/72

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

marea

Airman
Sep 28, 2009
Does anyone know where I can get the 1/72 Xtradecal 100 Group RAF Bomber Command decal set (B17 B24) from?

I've tried the usual sources, Hannants aren't producing them anymore, Ebay hasn't had any for years and none of the traders at the model shows have seen them for a long time either.

Can anyone help?!?
:rolleyes:

Sorry mate, had the same problem a month or two back! Apart from any nose art, you could use code letters and serial numbers from one of a number of sheets available from two or three manufacturers, from Hannant's or The Avaition Hobby Shop. Or, you could print your own onto clear decal sheet, as I will have to do.

I'll try the IPMS Nationals in Telford next month, if there's no joy there then it may have to be a printer job.

Marea your siggy is too big.Could you make it smaller?

Marea what specifically was it about 100 Group that you want the decals for? 100 Group Libs were just the black Elint birds and didn't really have that much in the way of markings. I think have the set you want but in 1/48 is this what you were after?
1228614232-130.jpg.jpg

I'll do you a better scan if you want, I can also scan the decals I haven't used them all.
Gary

Marea what specifically was it about 100 Group that you want the decals for? 100 Group Libs were just the black Elint birds and didn't really have that much in the way of markings. I think have the set you want but in 1/48 is this what you were after?
1228614232-130.jpg.jpg

I'll do you a better scan if you want, I can also scan the decals I haven't used them all.
Gary

That would be great thanks. I'm specifically after 1/72 but I guess I could reduce them down if you were able to scan them. I have a "thing" about RAF Liberators and thought I'd start by building the black Bomber Command version as they seem to be the rarest of the breed. Then I thought I'd have a go at a SEAC one before finishing with a Coastal Command version.

I have a "thing" about RAF Liberators and thought I'd start by building the black Bomber Command version as they seem to be the rarest of the breed. Then I thought I'd have a go at a SEAC one before finishing with a Coastal Command version.
If you need any info on Libs I've been told I know a bit about them, there's also lots of photos on my site follow the link in my signature :D
Oh and you might like my 1/48 Lib here http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/start-finish-builds/monogram-1-48-b-24-liberator-19383.html

Last edited:
I liked your model, that's the one I was thinking about doing next actually! Hope you don't mind if I use it for reference?

I've just finished a book called RAF Liberator over the Eastern Front by Jim Auton about his wartime service in Italy. I note on your website (just had a quick look so far but it's very good) and in the book that the RAF Liberators were a mix of colours and marks, J and D models, black, silver and brown ones. Was there any uniformity over there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back