Yak-7b or Yak-9 Vorozheikin ?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

le_steph40

Chief Master Sergeant
Jan 18, 2011
Montech
www.facebook.com
Hello,

I hope to be in the right place for this thread, I hesited with Aviation and/or technicals...

I think most of you knows this photo. It describes a Yak-7B flown by Vorozheikin late 1943
Voroz.JPG

But I have a terrible doubt, I wonder if this is not a Yak-9 because of the small vent under the exhausts on the left side of the nose and the shape of the propeller spinner.
Can anyone confirm if it's a Yak-9 or a Yak-7b?
Another question regarding camo-scheme : AMT4-6 & 7 or AMT11-12 & 7 ?
vorozheykin8.jpg

TIA, cheers
Steph.

Last edited:
Lovely land mine you stepped in Steph. Until Wojtek steps in, I see the small vent on the first production Yak-9 up to the Yak-9D. The bumps(?) in front of the windscreen are also there on these variants and disappear on the later variants as well. I don't see them on the Yak-7B drawings in the AJ Press book, "Jak-7 Jak-9". I'll keep looking.

Geo

EDIT: I found the same photo as your top photo in the above mentioned book and it says " somehow this image is awful, but the Yak-9d is an interesting modification - the rear view mirror in cabin"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back