Yet another newbie from Texas (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

texasjohn

Airman
May 10, 2007
Hello people. My name is John and I'm from Dallas,Texas. I am reviving my old scale modelling hobby after about 20 years, and I am a fan of WWII history. Really nice models here and I hope to learn a lot from folks here!

Eh, Howdy. I'm fwom Colerado. Have you ever eat'n at the Big Texan in Amarrillo Texas? I ain't yet. But dis summur, I might be going by there on vacation, so maybe ah will.

I hope ya like da place here. Wold War II planes are thumpin good.

No, but I've heard about the Big Texan, from my brother-in-law. Now there are several copycats in Dallas too!!:D

Eh, Howdy. I'm fwom Colerado. Have you ever eat'n at the Big Texan in Amarrillo Texas? I ain't yet. But dis summur, I might be going by there on vacation, so maybe ah will.

I hope ya like da place here. Wold War II planes are thumpin good.

:lol: I've been to TX and I have very close friends from TX. And that was the wurst TX drawl in print that I've ever seen. :lol:

Yo TJ welcome to the site I dont post many pictures of my model aircraft as I may show some of the other guys my superior skills/secrets.
I specialize in aircraft crashes at least thats what they look like when I've finished them. Last one I nearly completed I managed to invent a frosted canopy for a FW190, very handy if you are shy when going in to attack or you happen to be a naturist pilot (any Ideas how to get a glue print out John)
Fortunately there are some guys on here who produce some fantastic models as well as loads of pictures of the real McCoy which I'm sure must be helpful with detailing.

Welcome TJ. I'm from Dallas also.

Awl be rid'n mah horse down yonder to da home spread this eve'nun. Awl meet ya at da waddern hole and order ya up a cold one.

BRRRahahahahaha. Funny how everyone thinks people from Texas all have horses, ranches, and speak with an accent.

Texasjohn - serious question. You guys do have schools here in Texas, right?

I just got off the phone with the power company to close my residential electricity service. By the way - the power industry in good old Texas is a racket of power companies all charging outrageous prices... free market my anus, I'm paying double here per Kwh than in Florida.

The "customer service rep" I spoke to mistyped my name in the confimation email, misspelled Corpus Christi (as Christy), thought August was the tenth month of the year, put it at the 22 of the month even though I said the 6th, thought Pensacola was spelled (pensicola)... good grief...

I'm going to be leaving skid marks from Corpus all the way back to Pensacola.

Welcome, John. Where in Texas are you? I'm at NAS Corpus for a couple more days. I'm detaching tomorrow.

Sorry, I've been out for a couple of days! I live in Arlington,TX - a couple of miles from the Ranger Stadium and the new upcoming Dallas Cowboy Stadium, I call it the "Circus Maximus" as huge as the durn thing is!

Welcome TJ. I'm from Dallas also.

Awl be rid'n mah horse down yonder to da home spread this eve'nun. Awl meet ya at da waddern hole and order ya up a cold one.

BRRRahahahahaha. Funny how everyone thinks people from Texas all have horses, ranches, and speak with an accent.

But we DO don't we??:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back