YIKES

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fubar57

General
Nov 22, 2009
The Jungles of Canada
Clicked refresh and this oddity popped up...

1547857069995.png

....must have been during an update or something

Yea, it was only that way for a second or two. I don't know if its related but I've also lost my spell check on this site around the same time. Marcel offered advice but in the end still no spell check.

Please check if the option hasn't been switched off.
Click the icon in the top right corner of the Firefox ( three black horizontal lines ) then go to ... Options -> Advanced -> tab General -> and mark the option Check my spelling as I type if unmarked.
Then close the Preferences page.

options.png

Don't seem to have that option...

1548113749112.png

...though I do have spell check when I use Firefox Search. Also, my Firefox is up to date

Geo , IMHO the last bottom option may be the one you are looking for. I mean the "Search for text when you start typing" Just mark it.

Got it my friend. For some reason my dictionarry got disconnected, all good now...

1548116880237.png

Many thanks to you and Marcel for trying to help out

Glad to hear that. The issue you reported in the first post here might have been the reason. Perhaps either the Win or Firefox updates set a couple of settings default and disconnected the dictionary.

All good in Google search but I test drove this in a few other sites and the plurals are listed as errors as well. Something weird just happened. The first plural and the word "happened" had the red squiggle under it but as I kept typing, the squiggle went away. Weird!!!

Have you switched on the option "Search for text when you start typing" of the Firefox we were talking about in the post #8 and #9? Maybe you need to disable it now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back