Zimmerit....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
What is there out there? If you'd like to build Dragon's 1/35 Panther Ausf A, Late Version (#6358...), which would be best to use, Eduard?

Last edited:
There are various techniques, including using a pyro gravure direct onto the plastic, or even a sharp-pointed instrument. I normally apply a very thin layer of Milliput, rolled out flat and stuck on like marzipan on a cake. This can be done in sections, and thinned even more,after wetting it. The required pattern - 'squiggles' or box (the latter for the Panther) can then be engraved into the putty before it is fully hardened. Tamiya do tools for this, but I've just used a length of 'Junior' hacksaw blade - works for me.
Any of the methods take time, and are an ache in the spherical region, but with the putty, the right 'look' can be achieved, and pieces cut off if required, to simulate damage, and the end result is worth the effort.

Seen the Atak stuff, me think that it might be worth trying, compared to the brass stuff.... Think that I'll have my folks send me a kit or two to try it on....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back