Zoukei Mura Ki-45 1/32

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Had mine on the bench as soon as I got back from Telford

bWYxR8P.jpg

n0aPjlU.jpg

6E8ryNr.jpg

CvD83nb.jpg

OD7Hkrb.jpg

nSyNHmG.jpg

mSwpTTu.jpg

R33lAFh.jpg

1bF98h2.jpg

jSeJqUs.jpg

QryVpI7.jpg

Positively beautiful work! When you can get that close and have it still look so good is really saying something!

The clear parts have the frosted finish. I wonder if a soak in Pledge Floorwax with Future would level it out and make it more transparent. I did that on my Corsair and it did help.

Positively beautiful work! When you can get that close and have it still look so good is really saying something!

The clear parts have the frosted finish. I wonder if a soak in Pledge Floorwax with Future would level it out and make it more transparent. I did that on my Corsair and it did help.

It won't help much at all. You have to use polishing compound and the super fine polishing grades of sandpaper etc.

I am good friends with ZM's boss and have been for many years and have tackled this frosting subject with him. He has told me that to polish the molds to get the cockpit glass appearance is so expensive to do that the cost is the same as the cost of an entire kit development. Also he tells me that this is the last kit to feature the clear fuselage option.

They are hoping that the Hs-129 will be ready for Telford this year and it is down to the mold makers!

As with all ZM kits the part tolerances are very fine, especially with this one so be careful with the paint thickness!

Would you like me to put up the entire build log?

James

Users who are viewing this thread

Back