1/24 ME 109 E-4

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The 'hump' shape of the throttle gate mounting is the same, it's just the angle of view in the drawing I posted. What appears to be two levers for the throttle in 'my' drawing is in fact the throttle lever, and the cable from the prop pitch control thumb switch.
The only difference between the E1, E3, and E4 compared to late production E4s and the E7, was the shape of the throttle grip, with the pitch control on the end, and the original location of this control blanked off on the instrument panel. Also, with the later grip, these were often a grey-coloured bare metal, sometimes black, sometimes white, instead of the yellow/red stripe!! (the yellow/red was still used though - possibly something to do with which factory built it and when.)

Maybe this will help Terry and I am using a crude system here so do not laugh.There is a part of that quadarant that is long while the other side is flat

Attachments

• 901.1.JPG
    901.1.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 76
  • 901.2.JPG
    901.2.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 81
It's the same Kevin. In the original drawing, showing the view from the side, the front of the throttle quadrant housing extends to the forward vertical frame. The rear of the housing is 'folded' around the next vertical frame, to the rear of the cockpit. In 'my' drawing, it's the same, only looking from 3/4 rear, where the front section of the housing is not fully visible. You'll notice that the smaller, rear section of the housing is 'chamfered' around the vertical frame, and this is shown shaded in the original drawing. This drawing was obviously produced by separating a photographic negative into a line drawing, so will be accurate, whereas 'my' drawing, although accurate also, is based on a photograph, possibly made into a drawing, but more than likely drafted, as Granger is a technical drawing artist.
If you can PM me an e-mail address, I'll send you the colour pics of the cockpit, as I promised I wouldn't publish them in any form. But, please do not show them on the 'net, or in any other way.

No need Terry just looked different appreciate the input by the way it's "White 12".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back