1/24 Trumpeter me-109 k4 OOB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys. The best video I've seen showing how to make two part moulds is here,Pinkysil 1kg kit at Barnes Products Pty Ltd. It's the way I make mine. I use this Pinkysil stuff too and it rocks. Basically all you need to do is impress the keys in the clay bed, I use the end of a paintbrush. I've been adding more and more of them especially around the break line to try and stop mould shift. worked well here as I had very little mould shift on this one. Make sure you use a fair bit of mould release between the mould halves. I use vaseline it works a treat. Also making sure that the pouring sprue enters on the bottom and there is a nice vent on the top makes for a happy mould. HTH

Dan

Great stuff Dan, thanks a lot. I'll have to have a look for this stuff in the UK - hopefully my local art shop will be able to get it, as they stock the other casting materials.

Pure genius! I've been wanting to venture into resin moulding for things like 'weighted wheels' for some time now, but am very nervous of the results!

Nice bit of work Dan and thanks ever so for the info. Not done anything like that myself but I think there will come a time.

Thanks Wayne! I'm busting my hump to get this little one finished first for an LSP OOB Group Build.

Revell 1/32 Tiger Moth

wing01.jpg

wing02.jpg

wing03.jpg

Then it's back to the 109 and 190 Stuka ;)

Dan

Very nicely done Dan. It's quite a nice kit that one - I built the original 'Matchbox' moulding, in 'civvy' colours, about 25 years ago, for a friend who owned a real 'Tiggie'. Looking forward to seeing the final result.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back