1/48 Airfix Spitfire Mk XII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks, a little more masking and I can flip it over and layout for the Ocean Grey and Dark Green camouflage colors.

Attachments

• MkXII 19.jpg
    MkXII 19.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 6
Some tail and canopy masking and it's off for a coat of dark green.

Attachments

• MkXII 21.jpg
    MkXII 21.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 5
Thanks, I wondered if the green was too dark. I have used Tamiya spray cans and have noticed a change in them. Their U S Insinia white was a very light grey, a blue grey sort of, the new can is a warm grey almost an FS16440. I tried their U S dark green and it was more of a black green, perfect for my Fw190D-9 prop but too dark for SEA camo. Oh well I guess no one or company is perfect, just wish their QC was as good with their paint as it is with the fit of their kits.

At first I thought that your grey was too light but then saw that you haven't sprayed the OG yet. You could have saved yourself a lot of time masking the green by spraying the entire model OG first then masking for the green as you did. Now you'll need to mask the green to spray the OG so twice the work. I think the green looks fine but many modellers chose to lighten their colours just a tad to account for "scale effect". Liking your results though!

I don't work that way. I don't like too much build up of paints and spray cans do build up. I have been building for 60 years and do what I do for my own reasons. Which is why I don't airbrush as I have no use for all that mess and cleaning cups n needles n lil parts. I do what I do and am quite happy doing it my way. Thank you anyways.

Thank you for your understanding. My views and yours aren't the same but neither were Picasso's or Rembrandt's! Just a thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back