1/48 Fujimi Bf 109K-4

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

waterman

Airman
Dec 18, 2012
This is the first of 2 builds I have been working on since I joined this forum. My sincere thanks to those who helped answer my questions; I wouldn't have been able to finish this without you. I also, peeked into some build threads here and picked up on some other great tips and ideas…so many inspirational threads here!

Additions to the kit include Eduard PE seat belts, guitar string to replace broken parts, copper wire for the brake lines, and EZ-line for rigging. Constructive advice and tips are welcome. Thanks for looking!

rsz_7816a20e-1ec0-4aac-8bb5-2d89f7b8b398_zpsb6c3de4f.jpg
rsz_img_1749_zpse90178fc.jpg
rsz_img_1750_zpsf7ce92ab.jpg
rsz_812d4add-9228-4851-b060-2b45f019a317_zpsc3d5622b.jpg
rsz_6cc4987d-dc9f-444b-b386-791b3918e3f4_zpsdbfc4825.jpg
rsz_e0399115-db76-43fc-811e-f4834a82a8ab_zps6f6498f6.jpg
rsz_36c07ddc-df01-4930-9ade-fbb527b1a9a6_zps3ee69ca7-1.jpg

Wow! Beautiful, is all that comes to me.
But then again, I am partial to the 109.
Very nice, very nice. From the mud to the antenna wire, very well done!

Not much wrong with that! Really like your paint work. My only observations are that the antenna wire seems a bit thick for my taste and the wing bulges could be blended in a bit better. Otherwise quite well done.

In your other thread, you were wondering about tips for weathering tires. Personally, I'd be looking for tips from you on that. These look excellent!

Not much wrong with that! Really like your paint work. My only observations are that the antenna wire seems a bit thick for my taste and the wing bulges could be blended in a bit better. Otherwise quite well done.

Thanks, I never noticed that detail on the wing bulges. I will definitely keep that in mind on my next K. The antenna wire being a bit thick was my same thought too. Felt that way after I had already rigged the EZ-line. I thought if I stretched it enough, it might get thinner, but no dice.

In your other thread, you were wondering about tips for weathering tires. Personally, I'd be looking for tips from you on that. These look excellent!

Wow, thanks. Man, I'm very flattered. You are one of the guys who inspired and taught me things here. On the Hasegawa kit, I used the methods in one of your builds to fabricate those bell shaped objects on the antenna wire, and pulls/knobs for the canopy windows. In fact, some of the others in this thread have helped me with my questions too... Thank you all for the education!

Glad to help. You models are beautiful and I'd love to see more. Why not join a Group Build and share some of your talents and gain more insight form other build?

For antenna wire, I've now settled on using nylon invisible mending thread that can be bought in any good sewing store. This is a tip I learned from Terry (Airframes).

Nylon invisible mending thread? Thanks, I'm going to make an effort to visit the dry goods store for it!

Wow...your words are quite a compliment for me. I am very humbled when I view your work! I hesitate posting any build threads here because my builds take forever to complete, and I don't want to clutter the website with dead threads. For example, one year I started 2 kits, but didn't complete anything (both kits are still sitting on the shelf collecting dust). Last year, all I completed was 1 plane. It's not because my builds are complex...it's because my life is too complicated. My wife and I have 2 children and one is special needs. She doesn't appreciate me wasting my time on these plastic kits, while there is so much work to do for our children. Can't say I blame her. I feel guilty too. Just want to share these pics to show my appreciation for the help I received here. Besides, this site has so much inspiring talent...really, the things I do doesn't add to what's already going on. Maybe if, or when things get more settled, I will join in on the fun and post a build thread. Thanks so much again!

Sounds like you have your priorities right. Good luck with your challenges an post when you can.

Last edited:
Thank you Wayne! Will make an effort to participate in the builds here when things settle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back