1/48 Ju 87D - Winter War / Eastern War WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Donivanp

Captain
Feb 23, 2014
Katy Texas
1/48 Ju 87D - Winter War / Eastern Front WWII
Username: donivanp
First name: Don
Category: Intermediate
Scale: 1/48
Manufacturer: Monogram
Model Type: Ju87D from 7./KG 76
Aftermarket addons: Super Scale Decals for Ju87D-3 Little Bear (Baril) Stalingrad Fall winter 1942.

Attachments

• 87-1.JPG
    87-1.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:
I finished the 88 so I figuredd I would start an 87 I've been wanting to do. I got the decals in today. It will be OOB as I have nothing to add.

Oh dear God for a cockpit shall I cry, No ye shall do it OOB like ye said, sayth the Lord, for you hath stated OOB so shall ye due it. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH Dear Lord theisi a mighty task thou hast thrown upon my shoulders, I knownth not shall I be able. So shall ye learn how to do it then sayth the Lord all mighty. And Don went off to cry, RLM 66 please he said as he cried.

So shall it be, so Don reached for what ref material he had on the subject matter.

Attachments

• refmat.JPG
    refmat.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 153
O BTW I know that was a Ju88 inaction, I have the Ju 87 inaction aircraft#73. So any way this is a very old kit from Monogram's vaults. While it shows it's age, It also does try to depict some details. Not as bad as I was thinking before I opened the bag and only was looking at the destructions. I'll have to clean some things up a bit. The pilots seat is a mess. I have the Hasegawa R-2 and the B-2 and I'll look at them fro what I can but I won't steal any parts from them. All in all this does not look very bad despite it's age.

Attachments

• 81_1.JPG
    81_1.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 149
  • 87_2.JPG
    87_2.JPG
    17.5 KB · Views: 138
  • 87_3.JPG
    87_3.JPG
    17 KB · Views: 183
  • 87_5.JPG
    87_5.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 198
  • 87_4.JPG
    87_4.JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 178
Oh, to see you all waxing divine now. What other topics can we toss in? Animal husbandry? Any other topics we want to add?

Oh, to see you all waxing divine now. What other topics can we toss in? Animal husbandry? Any other topics we want to add?

Sorry you missed me on that one. I don't do bikini waxing dude. and what do animals have to do with it, your getting weird here. Let's keep this to airplanes and be happy, Look at it this way. I am doing bomber and at the Junkers bombers.

OK time for the Luftwaffe experts to chime in. The Revell Ju 87D appears to depict a 87D-5+. the wings are the later variant. That being said I am having a difficult time identifying how much different he wings are for the D-3. I have different input that look anything from a B to a D-5 (well near). I have marking for a D-3 any help would be great. Thanks

Got a dozen or so books on the 87 Don. If the experts don't chime in first, I'll see what I can find. Waiting for the flat coat to dry on my I-16 so this'll give me something to do for a few hours.

Geo

Just something to wet your whistle while I search further. The wings went from 13.8m on the D-3 to 15m on the D-5. The dive brakes were eliminated on the -5 and the wing armament was upped to the MG 151/20 20mm machine cannon.

Untitled.jpg

Untitled1.jpg

Geo

*-That takes most thoughts of back dating it out of the question. The wing is fully re designed. That is the best info I have found yet, I do thank ye. What to do, what to do.

Don, the wing wasn't fully re-designed. Just the wing tips of the D-5 were made longer while the D-3 stll had the old B-2 type wing of smaller wingspan. So if the wing is the one for the D-5 variant you may cut off some of the one at tips including ailerons and reshape them with sandpaper.

So D-1 through D-3 are the B/R wing and the D-5 is some 4.5 feet longer per side. Already ordered the Hungarian markings and I think it is different so I'll go with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back