1/48 Ju 87D - Winter War / Eastern War WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks that IS GREAT INFO. the monogram IS diffidently A D-5/D-8. It has inputs for both. and the fame suppressor for the engine.

Well everyone better duck and run for cover. I can't deal with this cockpit as is in this kit. There are no aftermarket one for the kit and I can't afford one any way so Here comes the sheet stock and knife and file. Not sure where this is going but we'll find out. I pulled out a Hasegawa Ju 87R-2 kit to help template and layout with so here goes nothing.

Attachments

• 87_6.JPG
    87_6.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 105
  • 87_7.JPG
    87_7.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 105
Well I have not forgotten the Stuka but I may not be doing as much as originally planed. Time is the issue. For it age an all it is a really nice kit but needs some updated life breathed into it here and there. Clean fit and pretty much fuss less put together. Nice instrument panel. I like it but have not rivet counted it. Just some thing fun to build and kill time.

Attachments

• 87_8.JPG
    87_8.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 93
  • 87_9.JPG
    87_9.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 93
  • 87_11.JPG
    87_11.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 91
  • 87_10.JPG
    87_10.JPG
    20.4 KB · Views: 90
  • 87_12.JPG
    87_12.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 93
  • 87_13.JPG
    87_13.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 85
Never mind the empty spot, where the bl00dy hell'$ the plane!!!!!!!!!!!!

…………………………………………..Ahhh, think I found it…………….would that be it next to the sprue cutters!

b0227.gif

Well IL is in the done bin so I'll work on this over the next week or two. May have more time then I want on my hands as it is. I shot the Hungarian colors on the tail and rudder. I did not really want to use them but Testor Enamels were the right colors for it so that's what I used. After getting away from enamels for a while it near killed me to use them Gawd the smell is bad. I then painted the Mr. Surfacer 500 on it after wards and lightly sanded that as I did not wish to mess up the raised panel lines too much. Gawd that stuff stinks almost as bad as the enamels.

Attachments

• ju_1.JPG
    ju_1.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 76
  • ju_2.JPG
    ju_2.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 69

Users who are viewing this thread

Back