Hello my fellow modelers:
After a rather quite busy week, I worked in several details that I wanted to emulate as soon as possible, before closing the fuselage halves.
First the riveting works. After receiving a new rivet tool, I tried to swap the riveting works as far I can appreciate in the detail photos of this kite. For instance, in the upper fuselage, it appears that the width of the maintenance catwalk was limited with several protruding rivets in order to guarantee that the blue maintenance guy will not fall while walking this "aisle".
So, the .08 rivet tool was used for this catwalk as can be appreciated in the green strip as can be appreciated in the following image.
Then the .05 rivets were applied as evenly as possible in the existing lines that comes along in the fuselage, as can be appreciated in the red strip.
And the smaller .03 rivets were applied for the multitude of rivets found all along the fuselage, and for example in the photo where the blue strips are represented:
I rather prefer to perform this work before glueing the two halves due that with the riveter pressure in the fuselage while being worked, most likely will destroy several details that has already been applied in the interior. And no, that will not do......
Then it was time to test the interior lights before closing the fuselage and proceed with the welding works. It has happened in the past project that some lights failed at the worst possible moment.............

. (BTW, in one 1/72 Dune Ornithopter).
So, this is the final location of the lightning scope for this kite.
Cockpit main light:
Then the radio area received a red light, that guess it will give a nice contrast to the cockpit interior......

(I don't know, but this red light sometimes reminds me of the Seaview from the Voyage to the bottom of the sea series )....
Then the B-2 gun stand office light:
The tail gunner also has a light, but that station is still on process of receiving a more detailed rivet work scheduled for this next week.....
Also the wing will receive the rivet works during this period giving more attention to the engine cowlings.......
Hope you have a great week my friends, and please stay safe.....
Gerry
