1/48 Scale B29 Superfortress

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That is a very big model. Always wanted to do a large battleship or carrier, no idea where I'd put it though!

The NM finish looks great! My dad did one in his youth, but it was too big to take with him when he moved out. It's been sitting in some bushes in my Grandparents' yard for as long as I can remember! We always used to go inspect the "crash site". I still go and find it during the summer.

damn sam! O_O that is amazing!

though I don't know where i'd get polished aluminum =/ probably at the hobbystore. but I wonder if Chrome color would do it?

anyway, I'd love to do that one as well! :D

Robert, if you want to get the colours like natural metal, have a look at my previous thread 'Bare metal made easy', posted a week or so ago.
Terry.

damn sam! O_O that is amazing!

though I don't know where i'd get polished aluminum =/ probably at the hobbystore. but I wonder if Chrome color would do it?

I've used "chrome" paint on models before, and that's probably what I'll do for my second B-29 (yes, I actually have two of those beasts!); it turns out okay. I have absolutely zero experience with NM, so I "cheat" and use chrome in a rattle can; the bad news is you can't mask on top of chrome because it pulls the paint off (it doesn't bond very well with the plastic like other paints do; maybe a flat white primer coat would help, I'll have to try that), and you're not SUPPOSED to use any kind of a clear coat on top of "chrome" paint (though I do anyway).

Good job on the bird, looks really nice.....
icon14.gif

I've got two of these things sitting on my "shelf of doom" now. I've had no luck with natural metal, (I'll check out your thread Terry!) so I'm looking for an old Scalemaster decal sheet that has decals for Monsoon Goon, an olive drab painted early B29 which I believe has the early 3 bladed Hamilton Standard rather then the later Curtiss props. I've got photos of both Monoon, and Esso Express, another early olive painted bird.

Something different.....

I have the Academy 1/72 B29A 'Enola Gay' edition looking forward to it and will defiantly be trying out Airframes guide on it to get that bare metal look, would be great to have the room to display a 1/48 version of it lol, nice job on that one 8)

Very good job!

I have an Airfix 1/72 scale B-29 that I have done. And that is big enough!

Now why do I have a feeling that if someone was to make a 1/48 B-52, there would be some here that would build the monster!

Bill G.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back