1/48 Scale B29 Superfortress

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

petadel

Airman
Aug 31, 2008
Cairns QLD
The Celestial Princess B29-40-BW 42-24590 was selected for my Revell 1/48 Scale Superfortress.

An enormous project the kitchen table was just big enough.

Finished in Alclad Polished Aluminium - the second natural finish I have completed following my CAC P51.

Would be interested in seeing how other fared with this monster.

b29 1.jpg

b29 2.jpg

b29 3.jpg

b29 4.jpg

b29 5.jpg

Very nice. I build that model many years ago in my youth. Had even started a large base for use as a diorama, but it turned out to be way too big.

The Celestial Princess B29-40-BW 42-24590 was selected for my Revell 1/48 Scale Superfortress.

Would be interested in seeing how other fared with this monster

Hey petadel,

I made one several years ago they are a right beast to hold when i was making it up and has more lead in it than whats on a church roof ! :lol: Not done the same as yours though.

I'll have to get my out it's in a cabinet :shock: Damn thats a big cabinet i've got :oops:

ian.

thats a nice job mate i had one but never got the beast finished

I'm right in the middle of a B-29 build myself; had this one sitting on my shelf since 1980, figured I'd might as well build it finally.

I'm doing mine as a Korean War bird, circa 1951, with a couple of Mk IV atom bombs (I know, she probably wouldn't have made if off the ground with two of those monsters on-board, but a guy can dream, can't he?); there is evidence that several Silverplate B-29's were in Japan in 1951, as were a few Mk IV "devices", and that MacArthur was quite prepared to use them if it looked like the Chinese were going to overrun the ROK. I'll try and post some pictures this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back