1/48 Supermarine Spitfire Vb 52FG 2FS QP-C

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Interesting colors and very solid build! Just wondering, the lower surfaces, are they done in Azure blue?

I too have a Tamiya Spit V waiting in the wings but I'm still trying to find a suitable color scheme. I too am considering turning it into an American spit operating in the Mediterranean theater and for my build I also insist on doing 'something different' with it. Plenty of 'regular' dark green/dark grey ones around. I always liked the desert schemes as well...gotta find me a sand filter resin bit though, as I have the regular kit w/o the filter. Another option I'm considering is turning it into a seafire MK.II of sorts. I've seen a few interesting 3rd party conversion sets for the Tamiya kit, although it would turn it from 'shake n bake' into a more complicated build.

Yep, the underneath parts are Azure Blue.

There are lots of good choices for USAAF Spitfires in desert and temperate schemes jjp, so have a cast around. I believe that Special Hobby turned out a nice Seafire II and III in 1/48, so that may save some trouble doing a conversion.

Cheers

Peter

Jelmer, if you need the Vokes tropical filter, let me know, as I have two or three left over from the original Airfix Spit V, and they match the Tamiya part from their Trop version. You'll also need the deeper radiator, and I think I may have one of those spare too.

Jelmer, if you need the Vokes tropical filter, let me know, as I have two or three left over from the original Airfix Spit V, and they match the Tamiya part from their Trop version. You'll also need the deeper radiator, and I think I may have one of those spare too.

PM sent ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back