1/48 Supermarine Spitfire Vb 52FG 2FS QP-C

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ozhawk40

Master Sergeant
Hi Guys

I just finished up this one. It's a Tamiya Vb and build more or less straight out of the box. Decals are by Aeromaster and depict a 52nd Fighter Group, 2nd Fighter Squadron aircraft flown by ace Lt Robert C Curtis from Corsica in December 1943.

Colours are Dark Green and Olive Drab field respray, which is an unusual scheme, but looks great. Profile is taken from "Spitfires and Yellow Tail Mustangs" by Tom Ivie and Paul Ludwig.

Cheers

Peter

Attachments

• profile - resized.jpg
    profile - resized.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 263
  • final 008 - resized.jpg
    final 008 - resized.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 214
  • final 013 - resized.jpg
    final 013 - resized.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 224
  • final 006 - resized.jpg
    final 006 - resized.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 217
  • final 005 - resized.jpg
    final 005 - resized.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 213
  • final 012 - resized.jpg
    final 012 - resized.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:
REAL nice bird. I need to add an American Spit to my collection. How well did that kit go together?

Cheers Guys

Hawkeye, this is the Tamiya Spitty and it goes together very well. I used no filler at all, and only a small amount of sanding. Highly recommended. There are several good decal options out there for American Spitfires too.

Cheers

Peter

Cheers Guys

Hawkeye, this is the Tamiya Spitty and it goes together very well. I used no filler at all, and only a small amount of sanding. Highly recommended. There are several good decal options out there for American Spitfires too.

Cheers

Peter

Thanks, I'll pick one or two up

You know I'm starting to like the looks of this one. Don't see to many clipped wing spitfires. Like the colors too.

Interesting colors and very solid build! Just wondering, the lower surfaces, are they done in Azure blue?

I too have a Tamiya Spit V waiting in the wings but I'm still trying to find a suitable color scheme. I too am considering turning it into an American spit operating in the Mediterranean theater and for my build I also insist on doing 'something different' with it. Plenty of 'regular' dark green/dark grey ones around. I always liked the desert schemes as well...gotta find me a sand filter resin bit though, as I have the regular kit w/o the filter. Another option I'm considering is turning it into a seafire MK.II of sorts. I've seen a few interesting 3rd party conversion sets for the Tamiya kit, although it would turn it from 'shake n bake' into a more complicated build.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back