1/48 Tamiya A6M5C Zero

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

vandee

Senior Airman
Aug 21, 2019
This is a shelf of doom kit I just resurrected. I gloss coated and applied the decals last week. Today I
dull coated it. It is painted with a Mitsubishi style camouflage scheme. I used Tamiya AS-21 IJN dark
green 2 for the top and Tamiya AS-29 grey green IJN for the bottom. The decals are for Mitsubishi
built A6M5c of the 332 Flying Group, Naruo AB 1944. The yellow leading edge ID band was a decal
from an old left over decal sheet from a Tamiya 1/48 A6M2 build I did years ago and never used that
scheme. Seeing it was for an A6M2 I had to cut it down a bit, the model 21 Zeros had a longer wing
than the -5 Zeros.- John

To finish up my Lancaster and start a "Hornet" build. Not very good reasons but I still have
about 8 stalled builds! Too many irons in the fire!- John

Reason listed!!!??? I would have to "lie through my teeth" on that one. You are a better
man than I for that!!!- John

Thank you. I have the prop painted and installed along with the wheels and landing gear. I just now
glued the 2 small inner doors on next to the drop tank. I still need to touch up the yellow where the
cannon barrel mounts.- John

Users who are viewing this thread