1/48 Tamiya Fw-190D-9 , A6M Zero , Ki-61 Tony and F4F-4 Wildcat

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I have had wing seams come undone when using TET and later handling or squeezing the wing while working on it. But I don't like tube glues, so I switched to these! They work really well but are a fair bit thicker than TET.

download (1).jpeg

Good stuff.
I'm with Evan re the Tamiya thin cement - works well on small parts, but on European or US produced kits, larger parts need a thicker, or 'tube' type cement, otherwise seams can open up, sometimes weeks later.

I think that happens to me with my B-24; now that I applied the primer, a 10 cm section was reopened on the upper part of the fuselage! :!:
Yesterday I tried again with Tamiya Extra Thin (I did not know that tip of you Terry) ... and I have Testors and Humbrol 'tube' type cement (Poly cement colle polystyrene). Depending on the current result, I will see how to apply that you suggest.
Which of the two I have, do you recommend me?

Sorry for the intrusion fb friend. :mylipsaresealed: :thumbup:

Last edited:
I have had wing seams come undone when using TET and later handling or squeezing the wing while working on it. But I don't like tube glues, so I switched to these! They work really well but are a fair bit thicker than TET.

View attachment 366921

Do you use them mixed or indistinctly? I have not yet bought the orange cap, and really the one I normally use for large joints is white cap TC.

Do you use them mixed or indistinctly? I have not yet bought the orange cap, and really the one I normally use for large joints is white cap TC.
I use the Yellow cap primarily for the larger joins that may be subject to stress. To be honest I have yet to use the White cap one on anything. The Yellow one holds at least as well as tube glue in my limited experience. I do have some Testors tube glue and their thinner version that comes in the oddly shaped bottle with a long thin applicator. Both work but I find the tube glue is to difficult to control.

Nice work!
I like your tooth pick supports for spraying... I do the same for small components, but never thought to for the Airframe! (Doh!)

Btw, the white cap Tamiya cement is what I currently use, and recently turned out to be almost completely useless on my Airfix Dinah and Matchbox Boston - both split on all but the areas with more solid joins.
I used to use the yellow cap cement in the '80s back in NZ, which was perfectly fine for Tamiya tanks and figures, but (to my surprise and complete embarrassment) split EVERYWHERE on a Revell 1:32 P-40 I had made for a shop... I will never forget it.

Last edited:
It is finished, so keeping an eye on it but so far so good. My cats did manage to knock a prop off last night when they were chasing each other. Gave a whole new meaning to a "furball".

Excellent advance Brian, ... looks very shiny, did you polish it?
Is there any special reason to add thinner to Alclaid's gloss black?
In what proportion did you use the Thinner to Alclaid. With which other brands of thinner can Alclaid paints be used?

Son muchas preguntas!! :tongue3:
Saludos :thumbup:

Excellent advance Brian, ... looks very shiny, did you polish it?
Is there any special reason to add thinner to Alclaid's gloss black?
In what proportion did you use the Thinner to Alclaid. With which other brands of thinner can Alclaid paints be used?

Son muchas preguntas!! :tongue3:
Saludos :thumbup:

I use the thinner with the paint like Alclad primer. To me it helps even the paints before it dries :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back