1/48 Tamiya P 51B "Ill Wind"

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

very nicely done. One comment is that most of the 51Bs had a much darker OD unless this was modelled after as ship in the June-July 1944 timeframe with a lot of wear on it. That is a P-51B-5 that was in ops in late February 1944. attached is acolor shot of a typical ETO OD in early May for the same vintage P-51B

The model is a few shades darker than shown in the pics. The flash washed out the color. The base coat is MM OD with just a touch of brown. I really need a better photo setup.

I had the same issue when I posted pics of my FAA Hellcat. The OD looked completely different in the pictures than in the flesh so I understand completely.

A fine build sir. I'd love to see more of your work and to see you particiapte in a Start to Finish or Group Build thread.

A group build would be nice. I'm finishing one on another site now. I'll have to take a look at what's available here.
IMG_0550.jpg
[/IMG]

I'm trying some new (to me) weathering techniques. I'll let ya'll know how it comes out.

The model is a few shades darker than shown in the pics. The flash washed out the color. The base coat is MM OD with just a touch of brown. I really need a better photo setup.

the best way to show is natural light.. I built this Hasegawa 1/32 P-51D 30 years ago and sent it to Harley Copic to use for the cover art on my book about the 355th FG

Attachments

• Jane IV_book model.jpg
    Jane IV_book model.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 67
drgondog: You're right about natural light... it's 7 degrees and there's 5 feet of snow on the ground... I think I'll pass thank you very much

Should I reply with a meow or a sucking sound?

:lol::lol: I like that.Will keep the work coming JB I was beginning to think you might be one of those one post wonders there.I am sure all be glad to see you paticipate in the forum.Cheers

I like it here, think I'll stick around. I would like to do a group build... when I figure out how to do that.

Neither.

I wonder how much snow he gets in Texas....:lol:

Hey we had some snow days - must have gotten a couple of inches a couple of weeks ago and it got all the way down to 24-26 degrees... lol.

And no, Jbrady neither meow or sucking sound reproduction necessary - all in good fun. Its probably going to get to mid 60's today but I see some clouds somewhere to the nw..

Talk back at me in Mid August when we feel like Gila monsters in the desert..

Snow in Texas, no way.

Nice build on the P-51B; neat crisp paint finish, tidy panel lines, good cockpit details, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back