1/48 Tamiya P 51B "Ill Wind" (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

jbrady

Banned
Jan 22, 2011
I'm posting these pics soliciting comments and criticisms. It is the fourth plastic I've completed. All comments welcome.
IMG_0525.jpg

IMG_0524.jpg

IMG_0528.jpg

Thanx in advance

Very Nice Build!Critique well you show some nice wear on the paint with chipping but the prop blades have none and glossy.The other item is no apparent exhaust staining to go along with the chipping.Now both items are fixable at this point.Cheers Kevin

Wojtek do we not have alot of guys coming in with some really nice work of late?I might as well stop building :)

Last edited:
Excellent build! I find very little to be critical of. I agree with Kevin on lack of exhaust stains. I also don't see an antenna wire but am not 100% sure that it was already deleted on this version of the Mustang.

Overall, a very nice finish and representation.

Wojtek do we not have alot of guys coming in with some really nice work of late?I might as well stop building :)

True Kevin...we do. But it might be for a short period of time only. New guys just want to show us their works. Then there can be a lack of finished models and assembling will have to start ...... A patiency, this is what a modeller should have..... and money of course. :lol:

Yep Wojtek so true but this kid is on a role right now.I got the 280 and the Ki93 done and closing fast on the 190 ;).Cheers

Agree with all above.
As for the antenna wire, it was a transitional period, with the later VHF radios dispensing with the wire. However, with the earlier antenna mast as shown, it's possible, although not definite, that the old wire might have run from the fin to the insulator just aft of the mast. But unless there's photo evidence to show the wire, then omitting it is fine.

:D-. --- .-- / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - . / .-.. .. - - .-.. . / -... --- -.-- ... :D

-.-- .. .--. .--. . . / .. / .- / -- ..-.

Last edited:
Great looking Stang especially considering thats just your fourth! My fourth attempt was not much to see and no where near what you've accomplished. Agree with the other comments about the exhausts and props, its an easy fix and a very minor one.Keep up the nice work

very nicely done. One comment is that most of the 51Bs had a much darker OD unless this was modelled after as ship in the June-July 1944 timeframe with a lot of wear on it. That is a P-51B-5 that was in ops in late February 1944. attached is acolor shot of a typical ETO OD in early May for the same vintage P-51B

Attachments

• 354 WRW_Gertzen-CC_Apr1944 [ethell and sloan].jpg
    354 WRW_Gertzen-CC_Apr1944 [ethell and sloan].jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 134

Users who are viewing this thread

Back