1/48th X-1 and X-1B Beauty & the Beast

Looks like you won the fight.
 
Thanks guys!
 
1773339636117.png

X-1B

I've been working on the decals bit by bit over the last few days and finished them up this morning. All that's left now is the landing gear which is silly simple on this old kit so it should be finished shortly.

20260312_105907.jpg
20260312_105916.jpg
20260312_105942.jpg
20260312_110003.jpg
20260312_110011.jpg
20260312_110030.jpg
 
Last edited:
Looks very sharp, Glenn
 
x1b_3v.jpg

X-1B

Just a quick update on the X-1B. I could not find the nose gear cover so scratch built one out of thin sheet plastic. Not great but should look good enough.

1000022081.jpg
 
1776120997718.png

X-1B

Put the wheels on. Almost finished

20260408_041334.jpg
 
1776302338891.png

X-1

I masked off all the windows and sprayed the frames black as seen in the first picture, than masked that off for the orange paint and glued on the wings and tail in the second picture.

1000022743.jpg
1000022744.jpg
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back