1/72 Corsair (adjusted)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Maglar

Tech Sergeant
Jan 29, 2009
Florida
Alright guys, sorry about that. Went and got Infranview as suggested in other thread and made it 800 by 600 for those with slower internet 8)

Attachments

• PICT0138.JPG
    PICT0138.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 69
  • PICT0144.JPG
    PICT0144.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 74
  • PICT0137.JPG
    PICT0137.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 73
  • PICT0140.JPG
    PICT0140.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 68
Very nice. For such good work, how come you didn't paint the canopy? Oh, and lose the bombs. I don't ever recall that bomb racks were provisioned for the Corsair's wings. It would either be a single rack midsection of fuselage or two racks on on each side of the wingbox.

Looking good though!

Who made the kit?

It is made by testors, and yes they said to put all the bombs on, no options note.. And I will paint the canopy, since the cockpit glass is a 1 piece I tohught to just pop it in there and no glue incase of something terrible happening, why risk it?

I just ripped off the bombs and painted over the glue mark, oh the feeling of being historically accurate. Hey catch, what do the arrows represent on it? Some of my buddies on my other forum were wondering when I posted it there..

Stupid me, It said that in the instructions " Bunker hill " decal layout, sometimes we just cant put 1 and 2 together :D

The yellow looks fine mate, my 1/72 did not make good friends with that white outline decal infront of canopy. The damn thing would not fit in the right place so I tossed it. I might want to get a 1/48 corsair now, looks beeeautiful

That's better Maglar, I can see the pic now! It wasn't the speed that caused the problem , my Internet is darn fast, but the size was waaaaay too big for the screen! You should find that Irfanview a very useful tool.
Yep, it is the same kit I built back in about 1962!!!

This Testors Corsair is really an old Hawk kit. I was debating on reworking mine into a F4U-1WM because the cowling on this kit isn't really shaped right. I do a lot of thinking about these little kit bashes, but execution doesn't happen quite as reliably.

- Ivan.

Go for it Ivan, you can do anything with some putty and a open mind :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back