1/72 Hasegawa Mosquito (FINISHED!)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Aaaaaaaargh

C8DC3EA4-760E-4CDC-8E5F-5902DE77F433.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Overlaid the broken rounder with another one. Actually quite tricky. Just one of those things to deal with...

51297170-96B7-433F-983A-8060EE8EDE51.jpeg

Canopy looks dreadful close up like this but not bad to the naked eye. Little bit of tidying up and retouching to do.

2B8DC72B-C30A-4241-AFD9-14D1535DF103.jpeg

I feel like I'm on the home straight now...

The canopy looks a lot better for a bit of TLC. Tidied up the edges with the end of a cocktail stick and did a bit of judicious retouching.

Interesting that the late "paddle" type props are included with the kit as well as the narrow blade type even though you wouldn't use them if building OOB.

I managed to snap the radio mast off. Again.

836D6C5C-8BD9-4773-B268-7C587BDD318D.jpeg

Well, I'm done!

mosquito.jpg

...and it absolutely put me through the wringer. There's plenty (and I mean plenty) wrong with it, and it's not quite where I want to be, but a definite step in the right direction. Thing is every problem I had a deal with was a direct result of carelessness or (particularly) clumsiness, but I was unusually methodical and patient. Right to the very end I was breaking things and dropping things.

Some representations of this plane (not photographs, haven't been able to find one) depict a double antenna wire from the radio mast to the tailfin and port tailplane, but I just don't have the nerve to take it on. others don't, so I'll go with that!

Many thanks for the encouragement and advice along the way, especially to Crimea_River with his seemingly bottomless well of expertise.

My next build is an 80s chopper, I won't give it the start-to-finish treatment as I have to remind myself what this website's all about from time to time (clue's in the name!)

Cheers

Tony

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks really good Tony. I would suggest that the antenna configuration you described would represent a fairly early machine and may have been done away with later in the war.

If your next project is a chopper I'm stepping back. Not my thing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back