1/72 Hasegawa Mosquito (FINISHED!)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

If you don't mind me saying, the green you used looks very dark. The typical grey/green of cockpits looked like this:

dehavillmus-405.jpg

The unit often seen beside the navigator was the Gee indicator, not the radio. We've had lots of discussions about the correct layouts for the various boxes on different Marks but that's a whole other story.

If you don't mind me saying, the green you used looks very dark. The typical grey/green of cockpits looked like this:

View attachment 582774

Yeah it does a bit. I took the pic at night with not much light which might have something to do with it, in this morning's glorious sunshine:

AB82E3C9-274E-4EE8-9894-A2C3FCB66C2D.jpeg

It's Humbrol 78.

Sorry the bit about the radio should have said "which is the radio *I think*", based entirely on my seeing a picture of it and thinking, "ooh, that looks like a radio" 😁

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the landing gear assemblies done. Had a go at bringing a bit of life to the legs with a bit of a wash. Got to say working with my new magnifying visor is a game changer.

EFF9265E-D668-4CB3-8365-1F9E128CA743.jpeg

Soooo, to be fully correct, some of the framing is UNDER the glass not on the outside. In the below pic, the green frames are inside.

View attachment 583018

Thats interesting, thanks. I'm not going to attempt to mask and paint the inside of the canopy, but I can make sure those bits are the right colour at least.

Ok thanks. I won't count rivets but I'll point things out if I see them. Some people don't care about such detail so I don't want to ruffle feathers.

Ok thanks. I won't count rivets but I'll point things out if I see them. Some people don't care about such detail so I don't want to ruffle feathers.

I am precisely one of those people, so I hope you won't mind if I'm selective about what I take on 😉. I'm just trying to up my game a little bit with this one, particularly in terms of quality of finish. I'm never going to one of those that's fretting about the wing dihedral being half a millimetre out. I don't even know what a wing dihedral is. Cheers 👍🏻

Bit of progress. I've always assembled then painted the wings on everything but given they have to be built around the land I g gears it seems sensible to paint the upper and lower wings separately, I don't anticipate any problems with fit. This shade of grey is all but identical to the primer underneath it. Nose section ready (pleased with how the blanked cannon turned out). One fun moment when I realised I'd superglued the bombs back to front (#facepalm). I've discovered that Tipp-Ex is really useful.

81A9DC9E-E09F-4B7C-9B90-A0F812BBFB67.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back