1/72 I-16 Matchbox ...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

aircro

Airman 1st Class
Jan 10, 2009
... is actually Revell

Started several weeks ago I was thinking do it fast this chubby baby but...
Begining with wings, look like type 4 and 5 so...

Interior

seat original and vacu

painted MM 2036 Dark Gray

Tail

Undercarriage

engine black cylinder shaded with steel

cellophane ahead of engine

more photos

Firstly I wanted to make type 24, but than decided than type 10 is simplyer to make.
spinner and prop blades

tail skid instead of wheel

lot of putting with Loctite super attak and sanding

more improving

than

more putting and sanding

2 days(thursday) ago ...

... it was late and compressor(Einhell) nearly emptied. Engine cowling painted with MM 2038 Light Gray, and rest with Revell 90 Silver.

Yesterday found few more things to change

Last edited:
Looking very good. Some of nice work has been done so far. But one note only. If you added these wing ribs at the wing top , it should have been done to undersides as well.

Thanks people, hm, no new photos today - after 3 layers of colour I'm still not satisfied
Having just built on in 1/48, I'm impressed. So what material is it that you have use for the rudder pedal foot straps.
Material is strip of transparent plastic, as for air intake

Looking very good. Some of nice work has been done so far. But one note only. If you added these wing ribs at the wing top , it should have been done to undersides as well.
Actually not. I looked a lot of drawings and underside ribs a ok. Thanks anyway.

Last edited:
Some nice efforts going on here.It has been along long time since I put that kind of effort into a 1/72.

Users who are viewing this thread