1/72 Monogram P-36

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Apr 22, 2016
High Bridge, NJ
I don't think I posted the finished product from the P-36 thread from last year (!).

Here it is, built as Finnish CU-563. Another shelf queen from years ago that I vowed to complete during COVID lockdown. Found the scheme on this site:

Luckily the markings are simple, and I had the right numbers and national insignia from a 30-year old sheet. Brush painted.

The only thing I added is a cockpit interior, using images I found on that site, apparently intended to be used for as skins computer wargaming. I printed out the cockpit interior, figured out the reduction for 1/72 (I think it was about 68%?) and added plastic bits for relief and glued it inside. Works surprisingly well. I used the wheel well images too. Fishing line antennas. The canopy and windscreen were sort of mis-shapen from the old mold so the fit is not good... Oh well...

In 2020, I dug my old-build of the Monogram P-36 out of storage and gave it a makeover. I still had the original decals in my junk box from the early 1970s and I repainted and re-decaled it.

Users who are viewing this thread