100 Countries

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Attachments

• MiG_17_Nigeria_1.jpg
    MiG_17_Nigeria_1.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 1,132
Last edited:
Some corrections regarding the Serbian Air Force...
I guess you have used the fallowing photo as a reference, but you should know that this non standard paint scheme indicates that this Kraguj (now displayed outdoors at Aeronautical Musem in Belgrade) was once used by Police Force of State of Serbia or maybe even by Bosian Serbs forces, but not by the Serbian Air Force.

1089034.jpg

Also, you have painted two different flags in the background and on the tail fin of the aircraft and both are incorrect. State flag of Serbia looks like this:

Serbia_l.jpg

But on the tail fin of Serbian Air Force aircraft a simplified version without Coat of Arms is used:

620px-Fin_Marking_of_Serbian_Air_Force.svg.png

The roundel which you have painted appears on the fuselage and wings of Serbian Air Force's aircraft and you have drawn it correctly. For list and info on aircraft currently in service with Serbian Air Force see the fallowing link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serbian_Air_Force_and_Air_Defense

Last edited:
Yes, this Kraguj in the link you've posted is painted with Serbian markings. However, I must point out that these are temporary markings used for very short period of time before definitive insignia (roundel with a white cross) was adopted in 2006. I'm afraid you will not find Kraguj with new definitive Serbian national markings as this aircraft are withdrawn from operational service. Maybe you could make a profile of some other aircraft from Serbian Air force - MiG-21, MiG-29, G-4 Supergaleb, J-22 Orao... Some interesting paint schemes on some of those aircraft I think. Just check the link I've posted in my previous post.

Also, please take note and draw correct flag in the backgroud.

EDIT: Clave, the purpose of my original post was not to criticize your decision to use profile of Kraguj. After all, this aircraft was used in Serbia although with Police rather then with Military. To be honest though, the profile of some other plane on active service with Serbian AF would be nicer. But that's not my main point. In the first place I just wanted to point out that you have drawn incorrect flag on the aircraft tail fin and in the background of the picture. Order of colors on the national flag should be (from above) red-blue-white as shown on pictures I've posted.

Last edited:
Serbia take 2:

Not uploaded yet btw...

Attachments

• MiG_29_Serbia_1.jpg
    MiG_29_Serbia_1.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 1,150
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back