109D Drawings? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

You are helpful with the pics. These images with the crashed Yellow 12 reveal that there could be more inspection hatches on the undersides. Also the shots confirm the layout of the hatches for the earlier Bf 109s generally.

The "Yellow 10"

The "Yellow 12"

I agree with your analysis, will take it to heart!
notice how the hatch at the tip seems surface mounted?
might fill the lines there and use a round stencil and some primer for the superthin effect.

thanks for your additions, noticed another thing, were the eyebolts always fitted?

Now for a more contentious question.....colour!
I cannot go from this (the aircraft I'm making):

to RLM63....it just looks too dark!
was the paint bad quality or something?

How much stock do we put into this these days...from "The Official Monogram Painting Guide to German Aircraft 1935 - 1945" by Merrick & Hitchcock. I never know which is the latest

Sounds good. But a question though.. if these were the indentical colours why there are two RLM numbers ?

It's OK Geo. Just if Germans had two the same coats why they used two different numbers. Knowing their passion for die Ordnung I doubt they would follow that way

PS.... Eduard suggests FS 36375 - MMP 073 paint or Gunze H or C 308 for their Legion Condor Bf 109E in 1/32 scale... while AML - FS 36307

Users who are viewing this thread