13's.... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Spring '41....nagging feeling that it should be F-4 instead for E-4....
When did the F's show up first again....dammit! :lol:

....E, right?

sprick3.jpg

Sorry for the delay but I had to check on something. Yes you are right fully. The first image shows a Bf 109F ( IMHO it's a F-2 one ). Please make a focus on the round panel marked with the red arrow.. It can't be noticed in the pic with the E-4 type. I have checked on the detail in a couple of references for the E and F variants. The Emil didn't have a such one there.

f-2.jpg

sprick3.jpg

Last edited:
In addition,.. please look at top of the fuselage-wing transition. The Bf 109E had there a kind of a bar attached with a couple of quite big screws only. Usually the bar looks like being "swollen". The Bf 109F didn't have a such one and it was of better , I mean the more streamlined appearance and attached with more but smaller screws.

Bf109E.jpg

Bf109E_.jpg

Bf109F.jpg

Bf109F_.jpg

I would say no. The pic was taken with the orthochromatic film. Have a look of the tranigle marking of the fuel octan above the number 13. It was of the yellow while it seems to be dark here. But it isn't as dark as the front areas of the fusealge. Also there is the light panel above the exhaust pipes. If the nose would be yellow it would be dark entirely because the front would be of the yellow paint from bottom to the top. However the front part of the air intake seems to be of different colour and also the panel a little above and under that. But it might have been an effect of claeaning or just applying of the RLM 65 paint freshly.. IMHO the dark panel with the air intake , the panel in front of the windscreen and the top of the engine cowling were of the camo colours RLM 71/02/65.

109E.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back