Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks proton45 for the compliment. Yes, let's talk about it on another opportunity again.
Girls of different countries may look more attractive...
Now the thread theme comes back to 这里有中国同胞吗?

I hope you guys don't mind me jumping in here for a moment, but I have need of some help.

I've had this plaque that was given to me many years ago, and I've never found out what it says.

The characters appear to be Chinese, and the bottom character looks vaguely familiar. The characters are solid brass with a framed veneer. It is old, although I am not sure if it's exact age.

Is there anyone here who can tell me what this says?

Attachments

• IMGP8167-rs.jpg
    IMGP8167-rs.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 67
lol Muller...I'm pretty sure it was made in China, or near there at least, so you're kind of correct! :lol:

I'm thiking it might be something more along the lines of having to do with the four seasons? Just a guess.

What a great dignity the plaque has, GrauGeist!
It invites happiness, money, long life and joy to you and your family.

Attachments

• HMLJ.JPG
    HMLJ.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 57
I see. It's popular in Europe though the English meanings are almost wrong.....

Attachments

• 88c8e8cc2c7c1cb4353d4f635410cd16.jpg
    88c8e8cc2c7c1cb4353d4f635410cd16.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
My mate could get this one.

corpo.jpg

He works for Dublin Corporation (City Council), it's nicknamed 'the Corpo'

If I ever was going to get a tattoo of these charaters, I'd run it by you first Shinpachi!

What a great dignity the plaque has, GrauGeist!
It invites happiness, money, long life and joy to you and your family.
Wow! That is good!

I've thought about restoring the wood finish and having the characters re-polished. But now that I know what it says, I'll leave it alone, and let it continue to age gracefully :)

Thank You for the translation, Shinpachi!

Hi, muller!
The Chinese charactor is "Ming". Pronunciation is same in Japan and it means "People" .
If "corpo" is Portuguese, as the photo was taken in Portugal, my Google says it means " body".
Yes, please consult with me first in the future:)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back