190 Vs 51

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Geedee

Senior Master Sergeant
Dec 5, 2008

Last edited:
I'd say too that those are replicas, esp. if one judge by the engine cowlings.
But, boy, wouldn't it be great to own one...

Hi Geedee,

>Thats two replica warbirds on the same airfield !. I'm quite impressed.

Nice find! :) I particularly like the "illusionistic" paint scheme of the Mustang which does a great job in hiding the larger chin of the replica.

By the way, Roland Beamont in 1980 test-flew a 1:2 scale Focke-Wulf Fw 190 replica registered as G-WULF. Judging from his description in "Fighter Test Pilot", it flew rather well!

I have seen a small-scale Fw 190 replica once or twice at airshows, but it always managed to avoid getting "shot" by my camera - I swear its small size makes for very difficult detection! (I got some ground shots though which aren't digitized yet.)

Here is an ultralight Me 109 look-a-bit-alike - not a real contender for the "most realistic recreation" award, but I admit that I at least fell for it since I was very far away at the moment, frantically trying to mount the long telephoto to my camera, and angrily cursing the airshow organizers for deviating from the published programme and re-scheduling the Me 109 to perform hours earlier! Made quite a fool of myself there ... :)

Regards,

Henning (HoHun)

Attachments

• DSC00197_bearbeitet-1.jpg
    DSC00197_bearbeitet-1.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 203
Both are nice replicas, but I will go with the FW 190 all the way :shock:

By the way, I notices that in some pictures the tail svastica is covered with paint. is that for legal reasons? (like it is not allowed to display the svastica) or is the work of vandals.

Funny, but in other pictures the svastica looks clean. :?:

A few years ago, in Boulder, CO, I heard an engine sound like a RR Merlin, turned around and saw what looked like a Spitfire landing at the local airport. I was not close enough to get a good look or go to the field but I have always wondered if I saw what I think I saw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back