1918-1939 The eBay finds

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The one-off Titan-powered Brristol Type 83E G-EBYT Bristol 83 Primary Trainer

1662284585132.png

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
calling nuuumannn nuuumannn i think Bristol Type 23 Badger but for the tail. Your thoughts?

View attachment 685251

The Bristol 23 Badger was a two-seater biplane while the one is a single seat monoplane of the parasol wing type. It is the Bristol 52 Bullfinch also called the Bullfinch I. The pic above was taken at Filton on 27 November 1922.
The info: Bristol 52 Bullfinch

Bristol Bullfinch.jpg

Bristol bullfinch_I.jpg

the pic source: the net.

calling nuuumannn nuuumannn i think Bristol Type 23 Badger but for the tail. Your thoughts?

1662284952317-png.png

Yup, Wojtek got there first, the aircraft pictured is the first prototype Bristol Bullfinch parasol monoplane, which was designed specifically to be powered by the Cosmos (later Bristol) Jupiter radial engine. Definitely a Frank Barnwell design with that weird and slightly lacking vertical stabiliser, which is all rudder and nothing else!

BRISTOL GENERAL PURPOSE TYPE 120

1662285085727-png.png

These pictures are great, Snautzer! The Bristol 120 was a private venture aeroplane designed for marketing to countries with small air forces that couldn't afford to spend large amounts on multiple different types fulfilling multiple roles, so the Bristol 118 and 120 biplanes were conceived. First flying in 1932, the 120 was supposed to be a relatively high performance multi-role aircraft fitted with a manually operated Armstrong gun turret fitted with a single rifle calibre Vickers K gun. It was the first British aircraft where the gunner was protected by a cupola, although it was manually operated. It was entered into the G.4/31 specification competition, from which a variety of odd ball designs emerged to compete, but was withdrawn owing to separate trials undertaken by the A&AEE. These odd British aeroplanes are a treat to see as they are not seen very frequently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back