1918-1939 The eBay finds

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Dornier Do X Br D-1929

1724755292860.jpeg

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Junkers F13 d1e 698 D-421 A-22 OLAG 'Hahn' 00.00.29 To Luft Hansa 3.35 Au

Notice destination marker Wien - Graz - ?

View attachment 794810

1. Civil Aircraft Register - Austria
  2. orig. Foto 1932 ? Fotokarte Privat Flugzeug Flieger Ãsterreich Klagenfurt Top | eBay

I think than Wien is German for Vienna Austria, and Graz is a City in SE Austria. Grea Picture!

I think Snautzer had correctly read and understood these two names, his interrogation was about the third one...

I suppose we must read "Klagenfurt" - a little more SW from Graz.

Yes ??

Last edited:
You are probably correct on all points, I agree it is probably Klagenfurt that makes sense as it is SW of Graz and a natural next stop. Looks like it is operating with Österreichische Luftverkehrs AG (ÖLAG) at the time the picture was taken. Again great picture of early commercial passenger service. Imagine booking a flight at that time, up to 4 passengers, I am sure the luggage weight was carefully restricted, open cockpits for the crew, enclosed cabin for the passengers.
I think it would take very adventuresome passengers to book those flights, as opposed to taking a train. The F13 cruised at around 100mph, probably a little less than that for economical cruise settings. The trains ran at around 40-50 mph but with many stops. I wonder how much faster the F13 was compared to the rail system? What the price difference was?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back