1918-1939 The eBay finds

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Dornier Do X Br D-1929

1724755292860.jpeg

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Junkers F13 d1e 698 D-421 A-22 OLAG 'Hahn' 00.00.29 To Luft Hansa 3.35 Au

Notice destination marker Wien - Graz - ?

View attachment 794810

1. Civil Aircraft Register - Austria
  2. orig. Foto 1932 ? Fotokarte Privat Flugzeug Flieger Ãsterreich Klagenfurt Top | eBay

I think than Wien is German for Vienna Austria, and Graz is a City in SE Austria. Grea Picture!

I think Snautzer had correctly read and understood these two names, his interrogation was about the third one...

I suppose we must read "Klagenfurt" - a little more SW from Graz.

Yes ??

Last edited:
You are probably correct on all points, I agree it is probably Klagenfurt that makes sense as it is SW of Graz and a natural next stop. Looks like it is operating with Österreichische Luftverkehrs AG (ÖLAG) at the time the picture was taken. Again great picture of early commercial passenger service. Imagine booking a flight at that time, up to 4 passengers, I am sure the luggage weight was carefully restricted, open cockpits for the crew, enclosed cabin for the passengers.
I think it would take very adventuresome passengers to book those flights, as opposed to taking a train. The F13 cruised at around 100mph, probably a little less than that for economical cruise settings. The trains ran at around 40-50 mph but with many stops. I wonder how much faster the F13 was compared to the rail system? What the price difference was?

Last edited:

:thumbright:

The tail emblem is the Slovak Republic marking used from 10 September 1939 until 15 October 1940 although it still might be found on the Slovak aircraft in 1941. Together with the national markings there were applied the German crosses. It can be noticed on the port bottom wing undersides.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back