1943 Stinson L-5 For Sale

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

willboe

Recruit
Aug 17, 2013
This excellent aircraft is hangared, and flown from: Grass Valley, CA. Ground Up Rebuild: 82-87 by Dick Empey, then always hangared. Stits Fabric Paint: Very Good. TTAF: 3702, SMOH: 600. NavCom: KX 170B, KI 201C VOR, KT76 with encoding, The paint scheme as seen in the images and the video was faithfully copied from an image in the book: 'Box Seat Over Hell'.

HiResPics:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFKUJS2UaHE

1-WPRightFront1.jpg

Last edited:
i think it one of those deals that if you have to ask how much it is....you probably cant afford it... :)

The plane is probably affordable................. it's the

insurance,
maintenance,
repairs from the ground loops one will make,
annual inspections,
instrument overhauls.....
ad infinitum.

The plane is probably affordable................. it's the

insurance,
maintenance,
repairs from the ground loops one will make,
annual inspections,
instrument overhauls.....
ad infinitum.

Here in Europe a light bulb for a normal household will cost you 2 euros.
The very same bulb, but certified to be installed in a boat, will cost you 20 euros.
The very same bulb, but certified to be installed in a plane, will cost you 200 euros......

Here in Europe a light bulb for a normal household will cost you 2 euros.
The very same bulb, but certified to be installed in a boat, will cost you 20 euros.
The very same bulb, but certified to be installed in a plane, will cost you 200 euros......

like here..everything has to be "certified" for use in ac. my dad had a piper that needed an alternator. we owned an autoparts store at that time and we had the exact same part sitting on the shelf but couldnt use it because it wasnt approved/certified. So, like you said he had to purchase one through an aircraft supply company for 10 times the price.

How much?

Sorry, I have to figure out how to get email notification when someone replies to my posts.

The JUST REDUCED current price is: $43,500. Just in time for the 2014 Air Show Circuit.

Thanks for the interest to all.

Is this aircraft still for sale? If so can you contact me at my e-mail please?
This excellent aircraft is hangared, and flown from: Grass Valley, CA. Ground Up Rebuild: 82-87 by Dick Empey, then always hangared. Stits Fabric Paint: Very Good. TTAF: 3702, SMOH: 600. NavCom: KX 170B, KI 201C VOR, KT76 with encoding, The paint scheme as seen in the images and the video was faithfully copied from an image in the book: 'Box Seat Over Hell'.

HiResPics:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFKUJS2UaHE

View attachment 240783

Last edited by a moderator:
Grass Valley eh? I wonder if my friend Jim Moser did the graphics. He's a sign painter up there.

It's a beauty plane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back