2019 Warbirds in Review

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

As I mentioned yesterday I spent a couple of days in London Ontario at the 2019 Air Show London. A mid September date in this part of the world is amazing when the weather Gods smile upon you. Friday was overcast all day and the 5:00pm show was cancelled by 1:00 in the afternoon as a large storm front was tracking its way towards London. Saturday dawned crystal clear and in typical Ontario weather by 10:00 we were sitting with 90% cloud cover. It did lessen to about 50% by show time and stayed that way till mid afternoon when it started to break up. Sadly for the show and attendees on Sunday the rain made its way back for the morning and the afternoon show was flown against a low cloud base at 100% coverage. I feel lucky to have chosen the Saturday as one of my two days at the show. Despite the bad weather on Friday I got to hang out with friends so how can I say it was a bad day. My house was like a hotel as I hosted two friends, one from Buffalo and one from New Jersey. sadly my Boston buddy was unable to attend this year.

The photo pit and early entry pass allowed for a 6:30 entry on Saturday. This time of year, 06:30 is pretty good for getting some artsy fartsy shots. We were blessed with a full moon to boot. The sunrise was pretty good although a couple of clouds would have improved it.

Anyhow, for the next month or so I will be posting London photos. The only true WW2 aircraft scheduled to attend was The Movie Memphis Belle but she cancelled due to pilot illness. ( I heard heart attack but have no confirmation). I trust no-one will object to pictures of current military aircraft with a few classic jets thrown into the mix for good measure.

Once my London photos are finished I will begin my Oshkosh pictures. I figure by then you may be interested again after having enjoyed Paul's excellent series of Oshkosh stuff.

I have filed my pictures in numerical/alphabetical order so...........

on with the show as they say!

This KC-135R of the Arizona Air National Guard is 62 years of age, serial # 57-1469 and was one of three 135s at the show.

Cheers,

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread