2019 Warbirds in Review

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jeff Hunt

1st Lieutenant
Jul 20, 2012
Guelph Ontario Canada
Good morning lads. I have returned. Lets get the 2019 review started.

IMG_0009.JPG

This Mk.V Anson belongs to the CWH and is registered CF-HOT. Believe it or not she used to be a flyer although it has been many many years. The CWH claims she is on the list for eventual restoration but I believe I will be dead long before I see her in the sky.

In other unrelated CWH news, their Grumman Avenger which has been restored will be heading into the paint shop today to emerge in post WW2 Royal Canadian Navy C/S and configuration. If the weather is good this Saturday I hope to get a look at her as the CWH is hosting RCAF day.

Cheers lads and here is to a safe and enjoyable airshow year!

Cheers,

Jeff

Question, does it have the wooden wing or the metal wing? Bill Reid retained the metal wing as a mod for ease of restoration and maintenance. Since the Vs had wooden fuselages planked over the tubular frame, there's a bit of work in that. too.

Is that a new one or a repaint of "Canucks Unlimited"?
New to CWH. Donated a couple.of years ago. Last flew with Environmental Emergency Department out of Ottawa in a beautiful green and white scheme. I have photo of that at home and will post it later when I get there ( and if I remember)

437 Squadron was the only European based RCAF Squadron to fly Daks. 435 and 436 were Burma IIRC.
Cheers,

Jeff

New to CWH. Donated a couple.of years ago. Last flew with Environmental Emergency Department out of Ottawa in a beautiful green and white scheme. I have photo of that at home and will post it later when I get there ( and if I remember)

437 Squadron was the only European based RCAF Squadron to fly Daks. 435 and 436 were Burma IIRC.
Cheers,

Jeff
C-47 C-GRSB 31May14YHM 3:4front.JPG

Here is what she looked like back in 2014 when she came to the CWH.

Cheers,

Jeff

C-FJRH.JPG

C-FJRH

Captured earlier today in Hamilton Ontario. Lousy weather kept a few aircraft away from the CWH hosted RCAF day. This bat made the 12 minute flight from Waterloo International Airport to take part. *&$#$^@*^^*#$ weather!

Cheers,

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back