2019 Warbirds in Review

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

IMG_1677.JPG

Got home from Geneseo last night and today I start preparing for Oshkosh. Lots of filing of pictures and going through the 1500 I came home with. I hope to get the Geneseo file down to 250 pictures.

Cheers,

Jeff

This past weekend I attended the Geneseo New York Air Show. Billing itself as The Greatest Show on Turf, the show is recovering from a couple of bad years and this year they were blessed with two fantastic days of weather. The airstrip is really just a farm that has been converted. A single grass runway, 05/23, is what all the flying is done from and if you ever go just be cognizant that there are very few areas where the ground is even which can make walking a bit difficult.

Besides the location one of the biggest differences between this show and most others is access. On Saturday my buddy Jason and I arrived on the airfield at 06:45. The sunlight is perfect and the aircraft are parked either facing north or south so they are in full sideview sunlight. No ropes around the planes, minimal visible security and very few people at that time of day. Just be advised that the airfield is in a valley so the grass is soaking wet if the atmospheric conditions are right. Two pair of shoes and socks are a good idea. On Sunday, Jason was bringing his family so I went ahead and arrived at 06:15.

One can also attend the airfield on what is known as arrival's day. Again, no security will bother you as long as you do not do anything really stupid. When it comes time to leave there is no time. If you wish you can stay till after the sun sets which affords some beautiful opportunities to get some very nice sunset pics.

Anyhow, on with the pictures. Once again I have gone through and selected a photo of each aircraft that "fits" into what this website is about. I have filed them in numerical/alphabetical order and will be posting them that way. I will get the first four done before I leave for Oshkosh this coming Friday.

Hope you like my pictoral review of the 2019 version of The Greatest Show on Turf.

09-08829.JPG

09-08229

Cheers,

Jeff

Good morning lads. Based on all the positive comments about my eggbeater photo from Tuesday, I thought you all might like to see another one.

86-24537.JPG

86-24537

Now before you all go apoplectic, this is the last helicopter for a bit. Starting tomorrow, based on alphabetical registrations, the sea of Canadian yellow begins!

Cheers,

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back