2023 Houston IPMS Modelmaina!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Donivanp

Captain
Feb 23, 2014
Katy Texas
Yesterday was the Houston IPMS's annual model contest/ show.. I entered four kit's that I had placed first with in our group build here.

GB 51 Z-M F-4E
20210922_233708.jpg

GB 54 GW TBD-1
20220731_090615-1.jpg

GB 55 Tamiya P-38F
2022-09-22_10-12-07_013.jpeg

GB-56 Tamiya P-47D
2023-01-30_19-53-54_765.jpeg

I was honored to receive second with my Gabreski P-47D in the single engine propeller aircraft (1/48) category.
2023-05-06_14-25-57_919.jpeg

Last edited:
Damn!! The pictures stopped !

The HVSS Sherman is really well done. The action vignettes are excellent.

I hope a lot of younger ones got to see these as it is a great way to get them addicted started off in the hobby.

Glad you got that place with the P-47 too, well deserved and thanks for the photos.

I need a far bigger house.
Dear sprue in heaven, they are good.

2nd place around these is just very well done. Told you you were improving.
Yeah, I appreciate that, it was nice to get noticed. Four went in and one got an award. I was hoping for recognition on my F-4 but alas! I would have liked to see what the judges marked down on the Phantom but there were some great models presented. Aug is IPMS Nationals in San Marcos so I'll be out there. Doubt I'll present anything but it will be fun.

Yeah, I appreciate that, it was nice to get noticed. Four went in and one got an award. I was hoping for recognition on my F-4 but alas! I would have liked to see what the judges marked down on the Phantom but there were some great models presented. Aug is IPMS Nationals in San Marcos so I'll be out there. Doubt I'll present anything but it will be fun.
With the amount of, so to see very good stuff.

You did not get noticed.

You won a prize.

In this asylum you are not judged by your pretty eyes. Now.. we do have some dudes that realley.. realley know their stuff about modelling. With their critique of your builds and your quality to be better yourself it would not be a big suprise if one of yours will win in not to distant future. Just keep having fun and build stuff. I for one enjoy them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back