5 bands in your general music taste you can't stand

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yerger

Airman
Jun 12, 2009
Soooooo many to pick from. Death Metal as an area is repeat noise for me so will pick some you can can actually understand. But narrow to can't stand instead of "just don't care for."

Guns and Roses (really glad when their minute left)
Queen
Slayer
Testament
Anthrax

Hard question....

The only thing I can really say is that I cant stand all the bubblegum, wear ur hair in ponytails, get the 14 year old little girls wet horshit music that has become so popular.... Hoobastank and Nickleback and 3 Doors Down and bla bla bla.... All that sh!t sounds the same, lacks creativeness, and lulls the public into a herd of sheep...

I cant stand Creed cause Scott Stapp is a douche...

From ur list above, I would have to take Slayer off, if only because if u took the songs u like off of all their albums, a Best Of Complilation, u get a pretty damn good selection of tunes, albeit one albums worth... Still kicks the sh!t outta the crap on 97 Rock...

Well as a bit die hard metal/hard rock fan I can honestly say that I do not like most of the new **** bands that come out today. Most of them are gimmicks in my opinion.

Bands that make me want to shoot myself:

1. Limp Bizkit (I ****ing can't stand that nu-metal rap/rock bullshit!)
2. Slipknot (They are individual great musicians, but everything sounds the same to me and lose the masks for crying out loud!).
3. Papa Roach (even though I do like a few of there songs and I have met the band personally).
4. Bullet For My Valentine (EMO SCEAMO Posers).
5. Linkin Park (Boy Band with guitars, but they do have some good songs...).

As for the list in the first post. Opinions are opinions, you are entitled to yours, but I do not understand how you can have some of those on there.

Original GNR was ****ing awesome! I loved them back in they day, and I feel fortunate that I was able to see them in concert before they broke up.

Slayer, just as Dan has pointed out. They have some great ****ing songs! The only thing that I do not like about them, is that they are very repetitive. Every album sounds the same, but there older works up until Seasons in the Abyss were some classic Thrash Metal works. Great live band as well.

Queen... Come one! A great contribution to the rock world. Freddie was a fruit, but the music was classic! Awesome band with great musicians.

Anthrax, was also a great band up until a certain point. What version are we on now??? :lol: Version 7.5 :lol: So in part, yeah I can agree with you. On the other hand they did some good music back in the day and were a force in the Thrash scene. I am not expecting much from this time around, but I will be seeing them play with Metallica and about 9 other bands in a few weeks at a one day festival.

Testament, well they have some good songs, but they sort of became repetitive as well.

I put the whole Nickleback, Green Day, etc is something outside my taste so can hate them as a collective.

Ditto on who commented about a lot of the new "I can play 2 chords really fast" bands who all sound the same. I can sing like a Klingon, maybe start a band ?

But my own list stands, Rose was and is an ass, a single album does not make greatness and hearing 3 songs on the radio 20 times a day got me to barf level fast.

To me Queen sucks, it's not a history discussion of music. It's what each person likes or can't stand.

Can't agree with you on Queen and GNR - although Axl is a d**khead.

These are some of the bands I can't stand and actually get gas listening to:

1. REO Sh*twagon
2. Bon Jovi
3. Bruce Springsteen
4. Greenday (lazy, pansy punks - anybody see their video when they went to that war musuem? make ya puke)
5. R.E.M.

it's not a history discussion of music. It's what each person likes or can't stand.

No ****. That is what I said as well. If you go back and read my post, you will see that I said eveyone has there opinion. I just gave my opinion of your opinion. I am allowed to do that, am I not???

Don't express an opinion unless you are ready for people to discuss it and share there own opinions. That is what forums are about...

Can't agree with you on Queen and GNR - although Axl is a d**khead.

Agreed, Axl was a dick, but they had 3 great albums with great rock and roll music.

Careful though man! No disagreeing with others opinions...;)

I can see this thread having potential to be quite explosive. So let's be respectful of everyone's opinion, everyone. I won't agree about Queen either, but I have never been a GNR fan either. So my cringe list is as follows:

* Nirvana- I know this one will raise some eyebrows, but I never liked Curt Cobain either and was wondering how a mid-talent band like them could get so huge while great talents like Dream Theater get little notice.

* Britney Spears- She and Christina Aguilera both make me want to barf. They made a ton of money singing through their noses and acting like tarts.

* Bruce Springsteen since The River. The River and stuff earlier was good, but anything beyond that was formulaic and lacked any luster. What a shame.

* Bryan Adams since Reckless. Reckless was good stuff, straight ahead stuff, honest and alright. Since that, pass the barf bag.

* Green day- Ugh, another emo snoozefest. Take an anti-depressant already...

I quit listening to other people's music years ago - mid/late 70's I think - and haven't looked back. I don't own a sound system and the one in my car has yet to be dialed off the news station. I think I outgrew it.

Freddie was a fruit,

I think that's the quote of the year! :lol: OMG, I'm still laughing at that one.

Nirvana - Nice shot Kirk. You should have done it 5 years sooner!
Bruce Springsteen - Hey, some love him..........I want to push him off a cliff.
Any band promoted by Disney - **barf**
Rap/Hip Hop/Urban - Give me a break. This crap sucks worse than a 5 dollar hooker. No talented Gangsta thugs pretending to be something they have no idea about. I hate the whole genre and have zero respect for the "artists" and the industry that promotes it.
Linkin Park - I'll turn them off 100% of the time.

As far as others mentioned so far..........

Queen - sorry, I respect your opinion, but I don't agree. Rock and Roll legends!!!
Britney - I'd hit it!!! I think she is pretty, but that's just my opinion.
Bon Jovi - 100% good guys with decent music. I have a ton of very personal respect for them. They directly affected my family in a very positive way.
Green Day - No real opinion. Don't like 'em, don't hate 'em.
Nickleback - I like the band, but I can see why some don't
Creed - Agreed, Scott Stapp is a dick!

I agree on Jon Bongiovi - nice guys, actually worked with them, just couldn't take their music.

And as for Greenday, this is from an article in 2005.....
"During one of the interview segments with the band at the Imperial War Museum in London, the origin of the DVD's title is revealed. As they take a walk through the museum, which one band member calls "a gallery of someone else's nightmare", an employee asks if they'd like to see a Bible with a bullet in it."

They stink.

I may have to find a foxhole...

1. Neil Young-The Crybaby of Rock and Roll
2. Lynyrd Skinerd(?)-Living in this part of the world, Freebird is overplayed to the point of nausea
3. Van Halen- All technique, and no musicianship-Great Front man, though.
4. Ozzie Osbourne-Aren't his 15 minutes up yet?
5. Rush-Geddy Lee's voice just grates on me.

I may have to find a foxhole...

1. Neil Young-The Crybaby of Rock and Roll I agree
2. Lynyrd Skinerd(?)-Living in this part of the world, Freebird is overplayed to the point of nausea I give ya this one
3. Van Halen- All technique, and no musicianship-Great Front man, though. WHAT?????
4. Ozzie Osbourne-Aren't his 15 minutes up yet? Now that's just crazy talk
5. Rush-Geddy Lee's voice just grates on me. Get a rope, this boy is nuts

Just having fun with ya Diddy. If ya don't like it, ya don't like it.

1. Creed
2. Pearl Jam
3. Sound Garden
4. Springsteen
5. Bon Jovi

Great bands... i just cant stand the way they sound!

Green Day rocks! I dont think of them as emo.. only a couple songs are depressing.

They need to grow up though.. the vinal pants and eyeshadow are old.

Last edited:
I can see this thread having potential to be quite explosive. So let's be respectful of everyone's opinion, everyone. I won't agree about Queen either, but I have never been a GNR fan either. So my cringe list is as follows:

* Nirvana- I know this one will raise some eyebrows, but I never liked Curt Cobain either and was wondering how a mid-talent band like them could get so huge while great talents like Dream Theater get little notice.

* Britney Spears- She and Christina Aguilera both make me want to barf. They made a ton of money singing through their noses and acting like tarts.

* Bruce Springsteen since The River. The River and stuff earlier was good, but anything beyond that was formulaic and lacked any luster. What a shame.

* Bryan Adams since Reckless. Reckless was good stuff, straight ahead stuff, honest and alright. Since that, pass the barf bag.

* Green day- Ugh, another emo snoozefest. Take an anti-depressant already...

All these are out of my area as I listen to Hard Rock/Metal so they're on "auto can't stand" :p

I try and be very open about my musical styles. My favorite is Heavy Metal and Hard Rock, always has been and always will be. But I do try and keep an open mind. If it sounds good or is just plain good music, then I will listen to it.

Besides Metal/Hard Rock you will also see quite a bit of this stuff in my music collection:

Classic Rock
80s Hair Bands
Blues (the basis for almost all rock including Hard Rock/Heavy Metal)
Jass
Classical
Some Country (not very much though...)
German Folk Music
American Folk Music/Rock (i.e. Bruce Springsteen, Bob Dylan, etc.)

The very nature of this thread would get flamed in the acoustic guitar forums I'm a member of. It would start out like this: "First off, who are you to say what music is good or bad? Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's bad music!!!" It goes straight downhill from there. I happen to agree with the notion that a personal distaste for something essentially means it's bad. I mean, good medicine may taste awful but it's still good medicine. I don't make that analogy with music. Anyway...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back