5 Best WW2 Allied Forces Planes (5 German And Japanese Planes That Were Even Better) (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

-Absolutely ridiculous. "...the Ju-87 is the most feared WW2 German aircraft."
https://www.hotcars.com/best-ww2-allied-forces-planes-better-german-and-japanese-planes/

What is so ridiculous about it – I'm sure that Hans-Ulrich Rudel and the crews of HMS Illustrious, Warspite and Indomitable would concur.

The Ju-87 was probably one of the most successful – if not the most successful – anti-shipping aircraft in the European theatre, certainly against military ships at least. If we are to talk about an aircraft used against mainly miltary targets (as opposed to a strategic bomber) possibly the most prolific and successful bomber or attack aircraft in Europe throughout WW2, whether it be a single, twin or 4-engined.

I really don't know where anyone got the idea that the combat record of the Stuka was anything less than exemplary?

The Ju87 was the best at what it did, where it did - until the Luftwaffe lost air superiority.

Then it became the best way to accrue Allied aerial victories...
Dint forget Russia. Even without air superiority it was good for an awfull lot of damage.

What am I reading?!?! Did an AI write this or something? The author got some major facts wrong. Such as:

"Given larger numbers of Ki-84s and crews, the Pacific campaign would have been longer. All things being equal, the Ki-84 Hayate could turn, climb, and accelerate faster than US F4Us. Only at low altitudes was the Japanese fighter disadvantaged."

Absolutely silly that the author compared land-based aircraft to carrier-based aircraft. Honestly, I can't think of any Axis aircraft that were "better" than an F4U-4 (EDIT) or a P-51D. Both were remarkable aircraft for their designed role.

IMO, an actually valid comparison should have been like a 1945 Brewster Buccanear vs an Aichi Ryusei "Grace". But the Buccanear wasn't a combat aircraft. And I can't think of any aircraft that the Axis had that were objectively better than its competition within the Allied aircraft pool. You have to find some real dogs that never saw combat before a comparison could be made.

Last edited:
The KI-84-I was a formidible fighter at low and medium altitudes and was able to operate high enough to intercept B-29s.
It was well armed, fast with a good rate of climb and extremely dangerous in the hands of a good pilot.

It could match anything the Allies had (along with the KI-100 and N1K2-J) but like Germany, did not make enough fast enough to have any difference in the air war.

Last edited:
The KI-84-I was a formidible fighter at low and medium altitudes and was able to operate high enough to intercept B-29 is.
It was well armed, fast with a good rate of climb and extremely dangerous in the hands of a good pilot.

It could match anything the Allies had (along with the KI-100 and N1K2-J) but like Germany, did not make enough fast enough to have any difference in the air war.
This was a quote from the article:

"Given larger numbers of Ki-84s and crews, the Pacific campaign would have been longer. All things being equal, the Ki-84 Hayate could turn, climb, and accelerate faster than US F4Us. Only at low altitudes was the Japanese fighter disadvantaged."
In other words, the writer thought the aircraft was only good at high altitude and performed less well down low.
I think a lot of these freelancer writers are just cranking the garbage out in order to pay the bills. :(

Last edited:
I think a lot of these freelancer writers are just cranking the garbage out in order to pay the bills.
Pretty much and sadly, it creates a considerable amount of confusion due to poor research and embellishment.

The internet was originally intended to promote knowledge, but it's become a clickbait cut-and-past wasteland.

The cat videos, on the otherhand, I'm ok with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back