50's 60's style stock car and drag racing...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

(finally figured it out...files too large!)

73 Dodge Challenger R/T
69 Daytona
70 Superbird

Attachments

• challenger.jpg
    challenger.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 1,595
  • 1969_dodge_daytona.jpg
    1969_dodge_daytona.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 1,146
  • Superbird2.jpg
    Superbird2.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 3,040
Ahhhhh, orange and dual carbs.8) It wsn't just Mopar, I had a few good Fords too. But I agree with Pb, those bodies just couldn't take the salty air of the East Coast here and soon turned into rust. But Pb, I dunno abut that Nova. First car I had was a 63 Chevy II (Nova) with only one bolt holding the front seat to the floor cause there was no floor! Used a full tire wedged between front seat and back to prop up the seat. Took it to inspection, inspector did the brake test, hit the brakes and the tire flew up and conked him on the head. I failed. :(

A always thought that the Daytona and Superbird were the craziest of the cars on the street with that high wing! I'll go with the Fords but GM stuff has always had a bad rep with me.

As an example: I remember just 2 simple bolts holding the starter for the 302 and they were straight up and easy. Now the Chevy I had (which if I remember had a 307 r 305) the stater had 3 bolts; 2 up and one from the side that was not easy to get to. I gave up on GM.

I had that 73 Challenger for 5 years, hardly did anything for it and it ran everyday. My brother had a 68 Chevelle SS convertable and poured money into it and it ran for about five days total during that same time period. He still gets steamed about it to this day! :lol:

Chevy...? Ford...? HMPF! Remember when Mopar first started to race with the Hemi....? No competition....even won one of it's first races 1-2-3-5! No wonder the "others" tried so hard to ban it....:lol:

Hot Rod Hemi Interviews - Hot Rod

429_Mopar_Book__2.jpg

PlymouthSuperbird.jpg

petehamilton71daytona.jpg

hemi20under20glass.jpg

DodgeDaytona4.jpg

DodgeDaytona3.jpg

DodgeDaytona2.jpg

DodgeDaytona.jpg

Wouldn't you just LOOOVE to have any of the above in your garage, to take for a ride downtown every now and then? If you don't get any attention in any of these I don't know what.....:lol:

Wing Car Callery....

A always thought that the Daytona and Superbird were the craziest of the cars on the street with that high wing! I'll go with the Fords but GM stuff has always had a bad rep with me.

As an example: I remember just 2 simple bolts holding the starter for the 302 and they were straight up and easy. Now the Chevy I had (which if I remember had a 307 r 305) the stater had 3 bolts; 2 up and one from the side that was not easy to get to. I gave up on GM.

I had that 73 Challenger for 5 years, hardly did anything for it and it ran everyday. My brother had a 68 Chevelle SS convertable and poured money into it and it ran for about five days total during that same time period. He still gets steamed about it to this day! :lol:
all the chevy engines from the 265,283,307,327,350 had 2 veticle bolts holding in the starter ,4 easy bolts for the water pump, 4 easy bolts on the valve covers , 2 easy ones on the thermostat much easier then either ford, mopar, or amc in every case, To adjust points on GM no need for feeler guage an allen key with a dwell meter ,. Changing the plugs was harder on the GM engines as you had to get under exhaust manifold

those mopar images salivate me. I like the car I have already as it is simple to work on. Its a ford multi-point injection 3.9 litre straight six, there is hardly any wires and I can locate evrything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back