50s aircraft that originated during World War II

No they didn't, it is a retrodden myth. Only one was built and it never went to New York. The aircraft designer was interrogated by the British after the war, as well as crews from the long range groups and no evidence of any sort came out from this, no pilots reports, no intelligence reports, no information whatsoever. The Germans left paper trails miles long and no mention in any about any such raid. It's a fiction made up by fantasists.
Then where did it go i swear i read something about new york
 
Then where did it go i swear i read something about new york

It's a myth that gets recycled every now and then. A crackpot comes on the forum claiming its veracity and then disappears again. You can find reference to it on the forum. That doesn't mean it happened though.
 
Then where did it go i swear i read something about new york
There's several authors who "embellished" their WWII books during the 50's and 60's in order to boost sales.

Sadly, in doing that, it has created perpetuating myths that are hard to stop.
 
There's several authors who "embellished" their WWII books during the 50's and 60's in order to boost sales.

Sadly, in doing that, it has created perpetuating myths that are hard to stop.
1645572245200.png
 
The sad part about it, is that events, people and the machines of WWII were incredible enough in all actuality - there was no need whatsoever to embellish or out-right lie about it.
 
If it wasn't for Mr. Caidin, I wouldn't have known LW pilots referred to the P-39 as "Der BlahendRusselkafer", and other facts.

I need a couple of umlauts but I don't know how.
 
Last edited:
Something I found interesting, was the love story built up around around the Italian mystery P-38.

The true story about Col. Tondi and his P-38 may not be all that interesting BUT I feel something important and more fascinating was missed because of the mythical story that spun off of the actual P-38 sightings.

At the time that there were genuine sightings of an unknown Italian P-38, including an attack on an American bomber, Savoia-Marchetti was testing their SM.91, which bore a striking resemblance to a P-38.
 
I need a couple of umlauts but I don't know how.
You on a phone or computer at the moment?
 
If it's a Windows system, try this:

Hold down the "alt" key on your keyboard and type one of these codes:

  • ä : Alt + 0228
  • ö : Alt + 0246
  • ü : Alt + 0252
  • ß : Alt + 0223
  • Ä : Alt + 0196
  • Ö : Alt + 0214
  • Ü : Alt + 0220
I'm tryin' it. Believe it or not, this bottom tier keyboard don't have no "alt" key. Some interestingly labeled keys don't remember seeing. I've been pressing them and entering the code but no love. I'll ask Siri later.
 
I'm tryin' it. Believe it or not, this bottom tier keyboard don't have no "alt" key. Some interestingly labeled keys don't remember seeing. I've been pressing them and entering the code but no love. I'll ask Siri later.
Typically, the "Alt" key is found to either side of the space bar.
 
Hating Mötley Crüe has its benefits.

True that, a universal thing, I reckon...

You could have used the vastly better Motörhead to illustrate your example... :D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back